Say GOODBYE to diplexers with the new MPEG-4 Five Lnb AT-9 DirecTV dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah.. if it wasn't for NFL Sunday Ticket, I'd be with Digital cable already... but this may be the thing that breaks the camels back

I guess D*'s thinking is if we're giving you your locals in hd via satellite then why do you need OTA. A valid argument, but the thinking for me is flawed because as it stands right now there is no way d* is gonna carry all the local hd (in particular WB & UPN as well as my PBS flavors). They really need to go to their engineering department and ask for some way of diplexing the sat cable at least (one for the unit and one for OTA). That way you would only need 2 cable runs for the standard HD DVR/HD non Dvr boxes. This solves the issue, because the industry standard is starting to come to 2 runs per wall. I hate to say it, but E* in terms of engineering from an install point of view is really ace'in em' right now (how bizarre is that considering their record with stable equipment? :shocked ).

When you really stop and think about it, getting rid of the diplexers is not all that bad of a move. Yes, it will be a little expense to some, running an additional wire to each receiver, but like any other splitter, diplexers cause signal loss. With out them our OTA HD signals will probably be a little stronger.

Still by being able to diplex the single sat line would solve a lot of problems for a lot of people. Oh well, I suspect we will see some more inovation in the next year in regards to installs, heck it's still only first generation install of MPEG 4 they'll probably come up with a few more tricks next year. D* will have to deal with this problem sooner rather than later.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirecTV Helps TiVo Cut 3Q Losses

LG H20 - Conexant comes out of the closet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)