Saying Goodbye After All These Years!

How on earth is the autohop feature illegal? That's like saying using the 30 second skip button is also illegal. And I didn't know that Directv had a special system that never gets rain fade. When I had Directv my HD channels went out long before my Dish HD channels.

If the autohop feature is illegal then every dvr that has a 30 second skip or fast fwd is illegal no matter who the provider is. The networks are a bunch of cry babies anyway. Do they really want to make all dvr manufacturers do away with the 30 sec skip?

How on earth is the autohop feature illegal? That's like saying using the 30 second skip button is also illegal. And I didn't know that Directv had a special system that never gets rain fade. When I had Directv my HD channels went out long before my Dish HD channels.

Commercials still get through to people when using 30 second skip and seeing a quick snippet of something that interests them to skip back. Or at times when people aren't immediately at the remote and the commercials keep playing. I actually fast forward through commercials because believe it or not I like to see commercials for stuff that interests me. Automatically completely skipping them is removing them.

I should've been clear in my post, I have cable options in my area. Wouldn't go to directv since they dropped G4.

dare2be said:
I tried Google translate, but I didn't know what to put for the source language.

we need Hank Hill to translate for Boomhower. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

We shouldnt be poking fun at tis persons posts, thay got ther point across the best thay could.
If a really good laugh is needed, all most of us have to do is stand in front of a mirror naked.........:eek:

stardust3 said:
If a really good laugh is needed, all most of us have to do is stand in front of a mirror naked.........:eek:
But the mirror keeps breaking...

I will stick with my old motorola programs I wont choice of programs,,no raine fade,no price increase,also no sports,like history,rfd, er,just a fue & don"t need danned o credit card to pay..planning on getting a manhaten fta. this fall ,I had a star,forgot name ,it worked bout half got sepert ku.dish.I miss the german ch & news ch..I am a bug for music on computer,,don"t realy care for tv..I work for shack part time fixing tv..all I hear is bitching bout dish & direct..I thought big dish was dead..If thay would put network & sport on thay would cell..people getting tird being riped off..

Can someone translate this into English for me?

I have learned over the years here, sometimes to my embarrassment, that often it is a matter of English as a second language (note "I miss the german ch & news ch"), or disability. Or even the misfortune of a poor education, perhaps even not recognizing the limited communication skills. I try to "stifle" myself and appreciate the effort.

Ya, and there is no benefit at all from the Hopper system. It might make a difference if you had HD DVR service at every TV, and a way to watch recordings from any room, or if there was a way to skip commercials easier. Maybe if you had more storage than a VIP receiver, or it had more tuners, or maybe if other magazines said it was a very good receiver. Or if Direct TV charged a $20 whole home service fee. Then maybe the Hopper would be worth it over the one HD/one SD VIP receiver.:rolleyes:
I wouldn't mind an increase based on the fact your going from SD to HD on the second tv when going from a 722K to a H/J. But a $11 increase is too much. Main reason why I still have my 722K and didn't upgrade to a H/J. I'm still getting HD programing on that secondary tv from ota, Xbox 360 and Roku player.

I wouldn't mind an increase based on the fact your going from SD to HD on the second tv when going from a 722K to a H/J. But a $11 increase is too much.
Yeah, that's about the tipping point for me, too. Add no OTA and no manual timers to that, and it's a no-brainer for me to wait.

I was actually leaning towards him being a bot, but he has been a member for a couple of years.

I thought you already had the hopper ? Are you waiting only for ota to be added before you make the "hop"?
That is one reason. Another is once conus locals go away for my market, I may not even stay with dish and start playing the new user discount game.

I'll be like Iceberg and stick around probably. Well, no one can be like Iceberg. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)