Sc Dsr500 Rcv Problems

hocuspik

Original poster
May 7, 2005
Sc Dsr505 Rcv Problems

I am on my second sc and seem to be having a re occuring problem with this unit as i did with the last one that sc replaced under warrenty. The unit freezes up and will not allow a channel change to be made.According to sc the problem lies with the chip in the unit. Has anyone else been having this problem? Seems the only way to get the unit to work again is to unplug the power cord. This becomes a real pita after a bit. Anyone know of a soulution to this problem?

Thanks in advance
Rod

Last edited:
My DSR 530 does that from time to time....I always just hold the power button down for 30 seconds...that resets it.

Another example of *C's bad equipment.

I have the DSR505 and no problems in that area. only problems I get are the occasional audio drop out on HD channels.

bwaldron said:
My DSR500 will do this occasionally as well.

My 500 will run fine for a long time - then bang 3 or 4 soft reboots needed in a day or two. Never seems to freeze going from SD to SD channel. Just HD to HD or HD to SD channels. Never had to do a hard reboot though.

Just another example of the advantages of being an early adopter
500 paid $399 - freezing at times
505 paid $129 - never freezes

Sounds like i am just going to have to put up with this little glitch. :) Oh well..ifn it aint one thang its anuther.
thanks for the replys everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)