April. thanks again Joe.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 210
  • dish 1.jpg
    dish 1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 244
Sure is a great feeling to be back on c-band isn't it. Glad to see your all fixed up.

i got a strange problem that i cannot figure out. i get a 80 to 100% signal from 137 all the way back to 87 but i cannot get a thing on 83 are 72. i noticed the signal on the v side is a lot lower then the h side only 30 to 50 %. i am using a Geosat pro c2 and have adjusted it for best signal just cannot figure out why i cannot get any thing on 72 any one got a idea what it may be. thanks

Hi Rodder,

I read your last post and went to see what I could get on those two sats.
I was able to get "PA Cable Network" and "Once TvMexico" (both at 66% Q)
on 83W C-band. Nothing at all on 72W C-band.

I am still able to get Ku-band channels on either sat, RTV, TuffTV on 83W, and
the NBC mux on 72W (AMC-6).

I see you're in Georgia, and getting the western sats quite well, but not the eastern ones.
This makes me think that your polar alignment might be off a bit, or your pole may have
come away from plumb with the weight of the dish on it?

Have you tried for anything further east yet? Intelsat-9 at 58 West has good signals
to try for. "NHK Japan" comes in nicely here.

I think you might have a bit of tweaking to do.

Cheers.

i checked pole it is plumb i have also adjusted dish and lnb to the best signal. 72 has a couple of hot feeds one is a cw network but it is s2.
i have also tried another lnb and that did not help either.

Well, if your location is near 84.716306W, 83 would nearly be your "south Satellite". I'd watch 3805 V 4166 (DVB-S) AMC 9 at 83.0°W - LyngSat and very carefully adjust the elevation for Q.(a ¼ turn can make all the difference on S2 signals) If unable to aquire Q there I'd move to 87W.
72W - watch 3937 V 2825 (DVB-S2) AMC 6 at 72.0°W - LyngSat If touching up the elevation on 83 (87) doesn't bring this one in, think I'd go further to the side and touch up azimuth. (at the sides, the actuator does the Up/Dn, so only adjust the mount "twist" on the pole.) After that I'd go back to 84 and double check the Q there. If it needs adjustment, also recheck at the ends of the arc. If that don't do it suspect that the declination setting is off.

All of this may be for naught tho- I have the 3937 @ 72W at 83 Q, but I'm half way across the country. Is this TP weak in your "neck of the woods"? May need to confirm with members closer to you.

Another practice is to enter these freqs according to a average difference that your setup blind scans at. Mine will usually blind scan TP's 2mhz higher than the published freqs. So often, I have to manually enter them 2mhz higher than what is reported to scan in some of the weaker TP's.

Maybe you're not at the center of the peak? I have a hard time using Peak Q on my Openbox.As the Q meter likes to "top out" at 70. I've found it much more accurate to "count turns". Find the signal, and go past peak to a lower reading that I use as a reference. Then go past the peak to the reference level on the other side, counting turns. Divide by two, to move the dish back to the center of the peak.

thanks Fat Air i have went thru about everything you said. i have set up 5 are 6 of these things what puzzles me is
if you are not getting good vertical you can rotate the lnb to fix it but moving the lnb are the dish is doing nothing for it
i will just keep on trying to i get something to work.

i adjusted on my dish and lnbf all day yesterday and was not getting anywhere was about to give up then decided to try a old Bsc 421 lnbf i had put it on and everything works perfectly. so i guess the new Geosat pro C2 is Bad.

Strange that it would be diagnosed as a bad LNBF. From the previous post it sounded like an aiming issue as most satellites were received, but two were not. A spare LNBF was used to confirm.....

PM me with with your contact and shipping information. A CSR will arrange for a replacement to be shipped tomorrow.

The GeoSat pro C2 I Got From Sadoun Only Had A 30 Day Warranty for Exchange After Talking To Brian At Satellite AV He Is Going To Replace It Free Of Charge Thanks Again Brian.

Glad to help! The GEOSATpro C2 LNBF has a one year warranty, so was surprised to learn that Sadoun wouldn't exchange.

Let us know if the replacement C2 solves the reception issues.

My C2 from Sadoun got killed with 3 tablespoons of water inside the electronic area. Since I'm from Canada, I don't think warranty returns are worth it. I remember reading on Sadoun's site about 30 days as well.

After that, I got a bsc-421 cheap. I quit minibud because signals would come and go.

I will say this: Brian's C2 has got to be at least 3 times thicker metal. When tightening a conical scaler on a 421, it would bend out of shape, The C2 is so much thicker and well built in my opinion.

Catamount

Hi Rodder,

I read your last post and went to see what I could get on those two sats.
I was able to get "PA Cable Network" and "Once TvMexico" (both at 66% Q)
on 83W C-band. Nothing at all on 72W C-band.

I am still able to get Ku-band channels on either sat, RTV, TuffTV on 83W, and
the NBC mux on 72W (AMC-6).

I see you're in Georgia, and getting the western sats quite well, but not the eastern ones.
This makes me think that your polar alignment might be off a bit, or your pole may have
come away from plumb with the weight of the dish on it?

Have you tried for anything further east yet? Intelsat-9 at 58 West has good signals
to try for. "NHK Japan" comes in nicely here.

I think you might have a bit of tweaking to do.

Cheers.

Very nice pointers!:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)