scanning echostar birds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
This question has probably been beat to death but I was wondering if anyone
knows why that when I scan an echostar or nimiq bird (both d*n*) even when I set my pansat to just save the "fta" in the clear channels but it still saves a bunch of garbage that identify as subscription channels but have no audio pids or video pids just pcr numbers. I know that the pay channels are encrypted and cannot be received with a pansat, but why does the receiver load its memory with 400 channels of garbage data when only a couple are real channels that are in the clear? After it does this you have to sit and
delete all the "sho-e" "hbo-e" "apl" "tnt" and so on. I actually never scan the E" birds anymore because of this annoyance, or is that the point! If they can load everyone's receiver full of trash, even when something is "in the clear" you will not be eager to scan their birds. :(

ahhh, yes the dreaded Pansat f**kup

Sadly, Pansats do this. It scans 13 channels PER TP of crap.

Best thing would be to check the FAQ thread "what can I get with a 18 dish" and scan only those TP's (I posted that info in there)

It will help a little

ExpressVu is just as bad. When I scan it, there are 11 channels right now (all slate type channels), yet it logs 150 channels :mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)