Scariest sports injuries you recall

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What are the worst sports injuries you can recall?

In the "What if SatelliteGuys was around in a different time and era?" post, there was a discussion about these.

As a Sabres fan, my choice is a no-brainer that can be summed up in one word: Malarchuk.

YouTube - Clint Malarchuk (throat slit by skate) [Full from 3 angles]

As a Niner Fan, and because I saw this happen live (I was at 3Com Park), in like 1998 I saw the Niners play the Giants for MNF and Bryant Young got nailed in the head and was knocked unconscious and wasn't moving for like 5 minutes. You could hear the breeze of the wind off of the coast of the water it was so quiet during that time. Luckily he was ok. It may not be the worst one I've ever seen, but it ranks up there, and when you're there live it puts it to a whole new level.

Joe Theisman broken leg.
Tim Krumrie broken leg.
Moises Alou broken ankle.

I played a lot of sports in my youth (until my mid-30s) and I can assure you that each and every one of my many sports injuries rate at the very top of my scariest sports injuries: broken bones, broken neck, 100+ stiches, blown-out knees, etc. Beyond my top 100, I was probably most terrified watching the ABC Sports "Agony of Defeat" guy falling from the ski jump (I was only a tot back then) and I was probably the most sickened watching Joe Theismann being folded in two over, and over, and over again on Monday Night football.

Ditto the Joe Theisman broken leg.
And I can vividly remember Napoleon McCallum's knee injury on Monday Night Football when his knee bent in a 90 degree angle the wrong direction.

What are the worst sports injuries you can recall?

In the "What if SatelliteGuys was around in a different time and era?" post, there was a discussion about these.

As a Sabres fan, my choice is a no-brainer that can be summed up in one word: Malarchuk.

YouTube - Clint Malarchuk (throat slit by skate) [Full from 3 angles]

This "beats" the Theisman injury...but not by much, IMO. I was in highschool when that Giants/Redskins game was on. All freaking MONTH!! it was the only thing we could talk about.

Eric Berard's (I think) eye injury. He's still nearly blind in that eye.

That reminds me of Red Sox pitcher Bryce Florie. He was struck in the face by a 100+ mph line drive off the bat of Yankee Ryan Thompson in 2000. The line drive shattered Florie's cheek bone, fractured an eye socket, and damaged a retina. To my knowledge Bryce has impaired vision to this day. When Florie got up off the ground, blood was gushing from his face. It obviously shook up both teams, but what stood out in mind is Yanks manager Joe Torre's (a class act if ever there was one in sports) eyes welling up as they took Florie off the field.

I was actually watching the game when Theisman broke his leg. That gets my vote.

I was too, with my dad. I can still see LT waving his arm to get someone over there.

Malarchuk would get my vote as far a tv goes.

In Highschool, I saw a broken leg on our RB. I played guard and turned around and saw our RB laying there just staring at his leg, no scream or anything, just staring at the bone sticking out and everything, cheerleaders fainted. Kind of gross to see in person.

1) Clint Malarchuk getting slashed across the neck

2) Petr Svoboda of the Flyers getting blindsided by Marc Bereau of the Montreal Canadiens back in 1995 @ The Spectrum.We were in the 3rd deck & all you saw was the blood squirting & flowing from his head.He was lucky to be alive.

3)2 NY Met's outfielders colliding a few years ago in San Diego.The one guy was motionless for 7-8 minutes.I forget his name at the moment.Mike Cameron maybe ? Anyone know their names ?

3)2 NY Met's outfielders colliding a few years ago in San Diego.The one guy was motionless for 7-8 minutes.I forget his name at the moment.Mike Cameron maybe ? Anyone know their names ?

The two outfielders who collided were Cameron (you got one right) and Carlos Beltran.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)