SCETV on 63 West

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keith Brannen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
Southwestern Ontario
Either they have replaced the batteries, or got a new hamster (the usual jokes), but their signal has been boosted!

In the year and a half that I have been pointed at the satellite I have never seen such high levels. Normally, it usually hovers around 30 on the Pansat (which occasional brief spells up to 45, well as drops to 15 or to zero). Last night and this morning it has been a steady 60!

So anyone who has had marginal results, or no results, might want to check it out again. Hope it lasts!

Seems to be much better here in Northeast Ohio too, 26-30 up to 43-49..If it stays good, my loss of Montana PBS wont hurt as much as it could have..

Either they have replaced the batteries, or got a new hamster (the usual jokes), but their signal has been boosted!

In the year and a half that I have been pointed at the satellite I have never seen such high levels. Normally, it usually hovers around 30 on the Pansat (which occasional brief spells up to 45, well as drops to 15 or to zero). Last night and this morning it has been a steady 60!

So anyone who has had marginal results, or no results, might want to check it out again. Hope it lasts!
I noticed the spike in Quality signal last night too.

Thanks for the heads up

I'm on the east coast and used to only get Quality of 8 or something like that.

Now the Quality is 46 and I get all 5 South Carolina PBS channels. :up

If you cannot get 125W for PBS this is a good alternative but everything on SC PBS is Standard Def.

BTW, "The List" needs to be updated.

They are all on

11957 V 4586

3/4

MPEG2 480i

BTW, "The List" needs to be updated.

They are all on

11957 V 4586

I'm showing the freq as being closer to 11961. I can lock it between 11959 and 11963, but cannot lock below 11959 or above 11963. My LO might be off by a MHz but I'm pretty sure it isn't off that much. Anyway, I think the 11957 is probably a bit on the low side.

FINALLY! I got it on the .7m @ 11961. Never could see it before. More reason to get the 1.2 on a polar mount.

Fat that's a good trick. I'm getting it on my 90cm motorized now, after I dug holes and moved a fixed dish twice trying to find a hole through the trees to see that satellite, haha. Getting a good signal on the fixed dish , an 84e dish , and the motorized dish.

I found it very marginal when I had it before on a 26x36" SC dish..I may try to re-aquire it after I get my C band up and running.

I tried today to lock on this bird,
Somewhere else I saw the freq reported as 11,963 V 1,213, Anybody has that one ?

I´m supposed to have great reception in my area (according to satbeams)...

Got it here at 11960 V 4586. I just discovered I could get this bird last weekend when I hooked up the new motor. Always thought I wouldn't have LOS so never tried. Getting this and Amazonas at 61W too.

I had been trying to get SCETV since in the summer and found it last weekend. I am using 90cm GeosatPro, DG380 and Pansat 9200. Never got a recognizable signal until last weekend. I am getting Amazonas at 61W also. Now I have hopes that it was not a tree/leaf issue...

I had been trying to get SCETV since in the summer and found it last weekend. I am using 90cm GeosatPro, DG380 and Pansat 9200. Never got a recognizable signal until last weekend. I am getting Amazonas at 61W also. Now I have hopes that it was not a tree/leaf issue...

You just made me happy with the low 60Q that I pick up SCETV here in Washington State on my 90cm dish. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)