Scheduled recordings of FOX Sports SW

rkh

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
Texas
Ok, this doesn't happen every time, but it has about 5 or 6 of the last dozen attempts and the last two happened on Mon/Tue.

So there's the music playing and still image when the channel is not being used. Let's use 416 as an example. So I schedule a recording from the guide to record a game on the HD feed. The next day, when I go to view the recording, it's nothing but the music and still image, as if the game was never shown there. The first time this happened, I just assumed the guide was mistaken and the game was not really shown in HD that night.

BUT, on another occasion I was home during the recording. So I turn on the TV and see the still image. I press stop to stop the recording. I switch down to 416 SD, the game is there. Look at the guide. Still shows HD scheduled to broadcast. Switch up to 416 HD, boom, game in progress. Go back to the recording I stopped. Start playing and see nothing but the still image. The DVR has a hard time handling this particular type of recording. Try to FF x300 to see if anything ever showed up, the FF will hang in a few seconds. You have to press play, then FF again to get it going.

I'm convinced that what I need is an option to start the recording 1 minute LATE. I suspect if the DVR starts to record at or near the instance that Dish turns on the feed, things just start off out of wack. BUT, there is no option to delay a recording other than manually programming the start/stop times.

Any body else ever encounter this?

You can change the start and end time when you setup a timer. Just setup your timer as you normally would. Once you are on the Create Timer screen, select the Options button and press select on your remote. You can change the Start and End times on this screen. You can even set this as the default for all future timers. Thanks.

Yes. All the time on Fxs Sports South, Sports South and the Alt channels. Yes, you can go back and change the start time, but should we have to? Any other scheduled recording will work so why not sports events?

Ok, found it. But you can't specify it when you "set up" the timer. Only after it's been set. So, a clumsy workaround.

Until Dish can fix this, how about adding an option to specify a delayed start time. Really sucks to record an entire game and find nothing there the next day when I want to review the plays.

FWIW, I'm using a 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)