Scheduling/Timer Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hemway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Arizona
I'm having a problem with my 622 when setting up timers. The one that keeps happening every week is the timer I have set for the Daily Show othe n Comedy Channel. I've tried deleting the timer and rescheduling it and it still happens.

I set a timer to record only new episodes but every week on Monday, it shows up in the recording schedule to record at three times (morning, afternoon, and early evening). If I don't delete these, it will record the shows and they are usually reruns of previous shows. It will also record the new show that plays later in the evening.

It's also done this for a few other shows, most recently, Ghost Whisperer last Friday.

Is anyone else have the same problem and is there anything I can do to correct the problem?

Set it to record daily (M-F) at desired time. If a repeat slips in, it's better than 2 duplicates a day. This is not uncommon for programs on more than once in a given day. As for Ghost Whisperer, couldn't tell ya.

I've done that in the past, but just recently more rerun shows are recording. I notice a couple of my other Monday night shows are now showing up in my schedu;e and the are rebroadcasts from last October.

The Daily Show repeat problem has been around for a long time: anytime they show an older repeat (which they do on Mondays), the episode information is missing in the guide (air date is 1999 and episode# is N/A). Dunno why that happens but, when it does, Dish DVRs will err on the side of caution and record events like these, so you end up with all of the repeats. When Jon Stewart goes on vacation, I just delete the timer, because it will record dozens and dozens of the old episodes during the week.

But it is also doing it on some of the regular weekly shows I watch. When I look at the shows information it shows an original broadcast date in October.

How I met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men is scheduled to record tonight (Monday) and both are repeats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)