Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

"Since they're advertising the second season of Torchwood as airing at 7 PM"

Anyone know when the second season of Torchwood starts airing on HDNET?

You might be better off with the UK version anyway. I watched the UK version of HEX and there were some scenes that were cut from the US release (it was a bit "hotter").

Does anyone know if Torchwood is being chopped for the US release ?

I usually watch the UK versions of everything because they are not censored as much and no commercial interruptions. I hate waiting for US distributors to decide they want to try something. HEX was definitely better with the uncensored UK version. I would still be waiting for the last couple of seasons of Spooks ( MI5 in the US) since A&E just dropped it. SciFi is becoming the same way. I don't care to wait months for Dr. Who or whatever when HD copies are available right after their original broadcast. I think BBC America and HDNet have to come to realize this with the shorter break between original broadcast and distribution. Hopefully SciFi and others follow suit.

Torchwood in sd is on BBC America not SciFi. I will wait the extra couple of weeks for the hd version on HDNet unless I get restless and just get the UK version earlier.

BBC America is launching an HD feed later this year, wonder who will have it first D* or E*? Any guesses?

Does anyone know if Torchwood is being chopped for the US release ?

It sure is.

BBC America is launching an HD feed later this year, wonder who will have it first D* or E*? Any guesses?

Will Torchwood be cut up for U.S. release?

It sure is.

But it will still include lots of slobbery man on man kisses by Capt. Jack. You would think if they were editing for U.S. release that they would cut out these as well as the sex scenes.

But it will still include lots of slobbery man on man kisses by Capt. Jack. You would think if they were editing for U.S. release that they would cut out these as well as the sex scenes.

Why? While it may be offensive to some, it has become pretty much a gimmick. You now see it in a lot of shows, advertising, etc. And it is an integral part of who Capt. Jack is, some of the storylines, and eludes to the acceptance of future societies.

Why? While it may be offensive to some, it has become pretty much a gimmick. You now see it in a lot of shows, advertising, etc. And it is an integral part of who Capt. Jack is, some of the storylines, and eludes to the acceptance of future societies.

Gimmick or not, behavior such as that should remain private and not be plastered across a Television or Movie screen. Moreover, if this behavior alludes to acceptance in a future society, God helps us! :eek:

It sure is.

D* will lauch first if at all. DN does have the transponder BW. Die in the wool DN lovers will claim DN is launching more birds but according to Lyngsat there is only one on queue this year and E* 5 is due to exhaust its hydrazine JUN09 or earlier and will be in need of an operational replacement.

Gimmick or not, behavior such as that should remain private and not be plastered across a Television or Movie screen.

That can be said for so many examples on TV and the movies and its tough to count them all. Except for a few sickeningly criminal things it doesnt bother me. I just dont watch it.

Jack's kissing scenes made me go 'ugh' but if they were edited out while the same kinds of kissing scenes between a man and a woman were not, that channel might face a few problems of being accused of intolerance. That is if a group wanted to make an issue of slobbering kissing. :D

D* will lauch first if at all. DN does have the transponder BW. Die in the wool DN lovers will claim DN is launching more birds but according to Lyngsat there is only one on queue this year and E* 5 is due to exhaust its hydrazine JUN09 or earlier and will be in need of an operational replacement.

They are launching AMC-14 at 61.5 at 03/08, EchoStar XIII in June, Ciel 2 at 129 in late 2008.

Source: Satellite Launches - 2008 - LyngSat

Yes, there is only one Echostar-owned sat going up this year (E11 - June?), but Dish is leasing all the transponders on AMC-14 (March) and Ciel 2 (late '08). Ciel 2 is supposed to replace E5 at 129W.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)