Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

They did say on the last Charlie Chat that we'd be "definitely" getting it before the NEXT Charlie Chat. When's that supposed to be, and what are the odds that they cancel it?

On the last Charlie Chat Mr. Ergen said that at least "some" of the HD channels that they listed on the board would be launched on E* before the Next Charlie Chat. The next Charlie Chat is JUNE 9.

There is no guarantee that Sci-Fi will be one of those channels. I would guess it would be as likely as any other, but I thought for sure we would have had ESPN News HD by now, and I thought we were getting Speed in February. So I am officially out of the prediction business, Since my sources in the programming industry are no better than Scott's at Dish.

I know my kids are pretty pissed off about BSG, though. And Unless something surprising happens in April, I will be a D* subscriber in May.

What they were more definitive on was that there would be many more local markets launched in HD. Including Cleveland before April 1. They are clearly behind schedule on that, so it's possible that there would be no new National HD by June 9.

I think AMC 14 is going to hurt their timetable more than they are letting on at present.

If you want to know EXACTLY what Charlie said, here it is...
(MP3 clip from the Charlie Chat Recap thread):

http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=22696&d=1205205806

Basically, He says AMC 14 will give them the capacity they need to launch more HD before the next chat. Since AMC 14 is bust for now, I don't think what he says in this recording can be interpreted as a guarantee of anything. No AMC 14, all bets are off.

But for some reason I do think we'll see some stuff before end of April. Hopefully.

Latest rumor is April 9/10 for new HD. SciFi is not specifically named, nor is any other HD channel for that matter. Multiple sources seem to be reporting the rumor however which adds to its reliability ...

Latest rumor is April 9/10 for new HD. SciFi is not specifically named, nor is any other HD channel for that matter. Multiple sources seem to be reporting the rumor however which adds to its reliability ...

Prediction: The next rumor will be for April 16. Followed by the rumors for April 23.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Where are you hearing that rumor?
I hear rumors of April, but nothing so specific as the 9th or 10th.
Are the multiple sources reliable inside intel, or is the usual multiple people speculating things into existence?

EDIT - NEVERMIND - saw some posts by Scott, info on podcast etc.

Last edited:
The rumor is that the rumor may be a rumor about another rumor based on "intelligence" inside Dish Network conerning a rumor about a rumor going around there.

More fuel for the fire... There are now semi-confirmed reports in the main Dish forum by Scott and others that the SciFi and USA HD channels appear to have actual video and audio signals instead of static slate bitrates.

More fuel for the fire... There are now semi-confirmed reports in the main Dish forum by Scott and others that the SciFi and USA HD channels appear to have actual video and audio signals instead of static slate bitrates.

Yup I was the first to post it.. and my source says 100% it is Scifi and USA HD...

In the USAF, as a pilot, when all was lost... "pull handles and squeeze triggers" and then off you would go ejecting from the aircraft.

Well I did that and have Directv arriving to install this week. Right after that I cancel my Dish and then on Friday.... I am watching BSG HD :D

I wish the rest of you luck in hoping for the next rumored Sci Fi HD date

In the USAF, as a pilot, when all was lost... "pull handles and squeeze triggers" and then off you would go ejecting from the aircraft.

Well I did that and have Directv arriving to install this week. Right after that I cancel my Dish and then on Friday.... I am watching BSG HD :D

I wish the rest of you luck in hoping for the next rumored Sci Fi HD date

I bet your not the only one.. just wonder why E* waited a whole week to add SCIFI (if they do add this week) as I'm sure they lost some customers because of it.

Yeah Dish will be fine and we will get all of our HD we want plus allot better HD Receiver than anyone else out there..

I bet your not the only one.. just wonder why E* waited a whole week to add SCIFI (if they do add this week) as I'm sure they lost some customers because of it.

They might have lost some but not many! Most people don't really understand how things work and sometimes jump ship. When in most cases the ship they jump is fine and is just as good as the one they go to. :)

Stupid roofers....

VIP222 - Separate Coax Runs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts