Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

Just an update.

There is still are "issues" they wanted to get them up Friday. I was told that if they were going to have the channels sit there they would not have put them on 110 wasting space. As they took down two revenue generating PPV channels to put up these channels.

I have no idea what these "issues" are but I am concerned as they removed the HD remaping from those two channels the other day.

I am keeping my ear to the ground and will report if and when I hear anything more. Keep your fingers crossed guys.

Thanks Scott for the updates, it will be nice when these channels get their quirks worked out, and good point about being on 110 I havent heard one person say anything about that! that should put a end to they dont have contract rumours.

Yeah PPV are a waste compared to getting up more National HD Channels. Maybe they will add them back tomorrow so for now we will just half to wait. But thanks for the info Scott as always.. :)

Thanks Scott for the updates, it will be nice when these channels get their quirks worked out, and good point about being on 110 I havent heard one person say anything about that! that should put a end to they dont have contract rumours.

Well, to be fair Scott's latest post doesn't explicitly say the "issues" are purely technical. Even if his "inside information" indicates it IS technical, there could be more to it than that.

I absolutely agree that placing the channels on 110 shows E* intended to launch them but the holdup could be technical, could be contractual or it could be a combination of the two.

=NLK=

Just an update.

There is still are "issues" they wanted to get them up Friday. I was told that if they were going to have the channels sit there they would not have put them on 110 wasting space. As they took down two revenue generating PPV channels to put up these channels.

I have no idea what these "issues" are but I am concerned as they removed the HD remaping from those two channels the other day.

I am keeping my ear to the ground and will report if and when I hear anything more. Keep your fingers crossed guys.

Scott, your message isn't really clear. Are you saying that, as far as you know, E*is still going to go live with SciFi HD? Also, when you say they "removed the remaping", what exactly does that mean?

If they want to launch them not remapped, we don't mind having to find them in the 9400's range. :D

They can remap them later.

Did Sci-Fi HD even get mentioned in the Charlie Chat? I listened to the sound bite regarding new HD in the sticky here - didn't hear mention of it but I did not see the show itself.
I figured it would come up at least as a "coming soon" kinda thing.

makes you wonder, who really knows anything about anything. if the channels were coming soon then i would think they would tell you something as dish is getting slammed right now with complaints of no new real hd. but on the other hand, look at name based recording on 50x series dvr's. they advertised that as "coming soon" for over two years. i guess we'll all have to wait and see. i do have a real hd question though. i have had dish for almost 10 years now. i jumped on the hd babwagon right off the bat. does has some major pixel problems with fast moving scenes. my digital off air tuner(built into the plasma) doesn't ever have these problems. does d* have these issues.

makes you wonder, who really knows anything about anything. if the channels were coming soon then i would think they would tell you something as dish is getting slammed right now with complaints of no new real hd. but on the other hand, look at name based recording on 50x series dvr's. they advertised that as "coming soon" for over two years. i guess we'll all have to wait and see. i do have a real hd question though. i have had dish for almost 10 years now. i jumped on the hd babwagon right off the bat. does has some major pixel problems with fast moving scenes. my digital off air tuner(built into the plasma) doesn't ever have these problems. does d* have these issues.

No, not on the new mpeg4 channels. Was a dish customer for 9 years. Had HD from the start. Switched to D and am amazed at the great pq.

.... i do have a real hd question though. i have had dish for almost 10 years now. i jumped on the hd babwagon right off the bat. does has some major pixel problems with fast moving scenes. my digital off air tuner(built into the plasma) doesn't ever have these problems. does d* have these issues.

What issues are you talking about D* having?
zenithtv was referring to the question that jeffdan asked about pixelation on fast moving scenes.

i do have a real hd question though. i have had dish for almost 10 years now. i jumped on the hd babwagon right off the bat. does has some major pixel problems with fast moving scenes. my digital off air tuner(built into the plasma) doesn't ever have these problems. does d* have these issues.

does d* have these issues yes
does d* have these issues: NO they don't on the new MPEG4 HD channels. (On the older MPEG2 HD channels yes.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)