Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

What was this thread about....oh, Sci Fi HD....soon....soon...let's see, the OP was on December 5. The first reply said maybe Wednesday that week, then Scott posted he was hearing Firday, now this was all in the first week of December, its February 9 now. But if it makes you guys feel any better, it's coming soooon.

*I am just having fun with you guys, so before anyone wants to go all postal with the next couple of posts aimed at me, relax. I am a Sci Fi guy, if it were me I would be pissed.

Postal

What was this thread about....oh, Sci Fi HD....soon....soon...let's see, the OP was on December 5. The first reply said maybe Wednesday that week, then Scott posted he was hearing Firday, now this was all in the first week of December, its February 9 now. But if it makes you guys feel any better, it's coming soooon.

*I am just having fun with you guys, so before anyone wants to go all postal with the next couple of posts aimed at me, relax. I am a Sci Fi guy, if it were me I would be pissed.

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'VE GONE POSTAL.!!!!!!!!!!! Oh sh** that felt good. Now can we have more speculation. :haha:clap:haha

more speculation...

Next Wednesday is just around the corner.

Maybe a mod can referee this one or any bookies out there?

I don't know if I would put money down on this Wed but going by what everyone else would bet on, I wonder what the odds (payout) would be.

Yeah you guys heard me.. Let's start talking about making this interesting.. :D

How sad, I now find myself looking forward to Wednesdays rather than the weekend. :(

BTW, I wouldn't wager too much $$$ on any "changes" upcoming. :(

(Some WWE HD for the following Monday night would be a nice change though. Guess I better plan on going to my friend's house with D*)

My regional fox sports is moving on 2/13 according to the guide... I know, I know... hoping for what I'm sure will amount to nothing, but <explicative>, I want my Scifi and USA HD. Local comcrap has it, the "other" sat provider has it, why not us?!?

My regional fox sports is moving on 2/13 according to the guide... I know, I know... hoping for what I'm sure will amount to nothing, but <explicative>, I want my Scifi and USA HD. Local comcrap has it, the "other" sat provider has it, why not us?!?

No. Your HD RSN is just changing channel numbers. It will still be that "other or mapped" same channel as the SD channel but the 300's range channel is just going to the 5000 range. Example: SNY-SD is channel 438. SNY-HD is channel 388 mapped to a second 438. Starting next Wed, it disappears off of 388 but you can still find it at that second 438 or at 5438. Get it?

This only affects the HD "game only" channels.

I got SciFi HD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow after such a long wait, finally!

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Good thing I switched to D*. ;)

Last edited:
at least you took it the way it was meant, just a joke :) I've actually mulled w/ the idea, but just can't make myself give up the equipment I have...

it's all good, one day we won't be able to tell one from the other, just like most cars now....

I don't see any other way of taking it. :) It was a long thought out choice for me. I like the Dish DVR and most people say its better so I was reluctant to leave, but their customer service gave me the nudge i needed. Gotta love rude CSR people that think they know everything. That and I got a really good deal with D*. I got the HD-DVR for free plus the $20 a month credit, free HD pack for a year and such. So I jumped ship and am happy. There are some minor differences in the DVR that give Dish the edge, but not by much. The PQ is also better on most channels and equal on others. It's nice to actually see StarzHD and not switch 3 mins. into the movie because the picture is so soft that an up-convert DVD looks better. Plus their OnDemand service is actually useful unlike the PPV DishOnline.

Why drive yourself nuts anticipating it? Its likelihood is slightly better than nil.

If, 8 months from now, it actually shows up, it will be a pleasant surprise, but for now it's meh.

You know I want to change sometimes to D but have been with E for so long. But the price is about the same, I like the DVR better on E and I can install it easier then D. Meaning no need to run two cables to one receiver, switches etc.

I kind of would like the Nascar hotpass but I already spend 130 a month on sat and don't want to spend anymore.

E is from Colorado, but yes both have uplinks there, near my old stomping grounds. I can wait a little while to see when E gets more channels up. And they are the small guys here.

Good grief. I've been waiting since what December or whenever it was that Sci-Fi and USA were first uplinked. I know they didn't come out and say they were bringing it now but wasn't last year's theme from CES "It's about Time" or something similar.....well one CES later the pieces of the puzzle may be coming together however this is crazy as we quickly went from number one to around midway. I honestly expected us to remain in the lead but then again I'm just a consumer and bought into the hype.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)