Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

Still, it's a very impressive count for a thread about a single channel...

You are right about that....it's a very important to channel to many people......which makes me feel better that I'm not the only one who wants this channel's HD version.

This post is #1122...amazing.

Sew eye gyes dat en ordere two git byond dat dair DiwrektTV-TEN thin oui es gonna haf too poste moore of10 ..eh?

(Eye lurnt how two tipe usin da Kolumbuss methud... deskuvr et end lande awn et... Typoes R US ...)

Ted...

This is your brain.

btedford said:
You are right about that....it's a very important to channel to many people......which makes me feel better that I'm not the only one who wants this channel's HD version.

This is your brain on drugs.

Any questions?

Sew eye gyes dat en ordere two git byond dat dair DiwrektTV-TEN thin oui es gonna haf too poste moore of10 ..eh?

(Eye lurnt how two tipe usin da Kolumbuss methud... deskuvr et end lande awn et... Typoes R US ...)

Ted...

This is your brain.

btedford said:

This is your brain on drugs.

Ted...

Any questions?

Yeah, I saw the cat on the Matrix twice...It just wasnt in HD because I was watching it on the SciFi channel on Dish.

Ok, I am new here, but I though you would like to see this (Sorry, it is long):

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...You have been connected to (03) Jennifer P.(03) Jennifer P: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in HD and DVR. I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.Customer: As the “Leader in HD” what can you offer me that would keep me from switching to a different provider that offers 20+ more than you? And I don’t want that auto response about HD being lunched in the next two months. I am talking about in the next week or two (SCI FI HD)!!(03) Jennifer P: Thank you for your patience.(03) Jennifer P: I apologize for any inconvenience.(03) Jennifer P: At this point of time we do not have offers.(03) Jennifer P: DISH Network is going to launch a number of national HD channels over the next few months, such as:
ABC Family Channel HD
AMC (American Movie Classics) HD
BET HD
The Biography Channel HD
Cartoon Network HD
CMT (Country Music Channel) HD
CNN HD
Disney Channel HD
ESPN News HD
HBO2 HD
IFC (Independent Film Channel) HD
MGM HD
MoreMAX HD
MTV HD
Nickelodeon HD
Sci Fi Channel HD
Smithsonian HD
The Tennis Channel HD
The Weather Channel HD
Toon Disney HD
USA Network HD
VH-1 HD
WGN HD
Customer: Is anything being done that will make customers happy? Locals don’t satisfy manyCustomer: I know this already(03) Jennifer P: Okay.Customer: I'm sorry, I paid a lot of money for my HD set and I want the most out of it(03) Jennifer P: We have a promotion called Annual Cinemax for a penny.(03) Jennifer P: I understand your concern.Customer: is it in HD?(03) Jennifer P: I am sorry no.(03) Jennifer P: We are working on our deal with the Locals and we fully anticipate making Locals available to our subscribers in HD in your area soon. Please continue to check back with us in the next couple of weeks.(03) Jennifer P: We are constantly adding channels on a regular basis to our line up and continue to provide the widest variety of HD programming options available anywhere(03) Jennifer P: For information regarding our HD package channel line up check out this link which will be updated as soon as any channels are added DISH Network -- Dish HDCustomer: I get locals in hd via OTA(03) Jennifer P: As you been wonderful customer of Dish Network for long time surely will pass on your feedback to the concerned department on your behalf.(03) Jennifer P: You can always send in your feedback via e-mail to feedback@customermail.dishnetwork.com(03) Jennifer P: Okay.Customer: I am just looking for a larger selection of national HD(03) Jennifer P: I understand, however I request you to contact us in a couple of days for this.Customer: Will more be available in a couple of days?(03) Jennifer P: Is there anything else I can do for you?Customer: will more HD be available in a couple of days?(03) Jennifer P: DISH Network will increase its local HD offering by more than 60 percent with the addition of HD broadcast networks in the following markets.(03) Jennifer P: April
Abilene, TX
Baltimore, MD
Columbia, SC
Ft. Myers, FL
Greensboro, NC
Milwaukee, WI
Providence, RI
Tampa, FL

May
Beaumont, TX
Burlington, VT
Grand Rapids, MI
Green Bay, WI
Greenville, SC
Huntsville, AL
Knoxville, TN
Norfolk, VA
Richmond, VA
Customer: ok, that’s local, what about nat HD? like usa and scifi?(03) Jennifer P: The upcoming national HD channels DISH Network is going to launch a number of national HD channels over the next few months, such as:
ABC Family Channel HD
AMC (American Movie Classics) HD
BET HD
The Biography Channel HD
Cartoon Network HD
CMT (Country Music Channel) HD
CNN HD
Disney Channel HD
ESPN News HD
HBO2 HD
IFC (Independent Film Channel) HD
MGM HD
MoreMAX HD
MTV HD
Nickelodeon HD
Sci Fi Channel HD
Smithsonian HD
The Tennis Channel HD
The Weather Channel HD
Toon Disney HD
USA Network HD
VH-1 HD
WGN HD
Customer: what dose the next few months mean?(03) Jennifer P: In the month of April and May.Customer: what will be available in April?(03) Jennifer P: Abilene, TX
Baltimore, MD
Columbia, SC
Ft. Myers, FL
Greensboro, NC
Milwaukee, WI
Providence, RI
Tampa, FL
Customer: again, locals... are any nationals coming for April?(03) Jennifer P: I am sorry I have already provided you the information on upcoming HD channels.(03) Jennifer P: Is there anything else I can do for you?Customer: ok, if these channels are coming in the next few mo. and locals are coming next weexsCustomer: *weeks, are nationals coming next mo?(03) Jennifer P: Yes.(03) Jennifer P: Do you have any more questions for me?Customer: ok, last question, will the channels you listed for Nat. be coming out in may, and if so when in may?(03) Jennifer P: I have not heard from you in a while, are you still with me?Customer: like usa and scifi?(03) Jennifer P: I am sorry as of now we do not have any update on which particular date for which channels will be added in April and May.Customer: ok, my birthday is in may, I hope I get a HD present from dish ;)Customer: thanks for your time(03) Jennifer P: Sure.(03) Jennifer P: You're very welcome.(03) Jennifer P: Thank you for using Dish Network Live Chat. Have a great day.

From a CSR: Sci Fi and USA in MAY!

CSR's don't usually know anything useful, or necessarily accurate (it seems the ones in chat are esp. bad). You just got the same scripted response that everyone else has been getting and already posted several times.

That being said, I'm betting those show up even before May.

I think what dish is doing is releasing local HD first. I do not know why, but I think that they will roll out many of these National HD’s all at once, in May. So… local in April, national in May.

That doesn't explain the memo Scott received showing the HD launches of USA & SCIFI. I personally think DISH is f* up internally (at least more so than most companies) and they have absolutely no long-term strategic plan and are essentially just living in survival mode trying to keep the lights on and the existing uplinks operating.

You can argue, but I would expect they are positioning for a strategic capital re-alignment ie merger or private equity sale.

Who is to say that these memos where real, not to mention there is always the possibility of intentional miss-information. From what I have read, the locals are where the money is, and that is why they are coming out vs. the nationals.

Stupid roofers....

VIP222 - Separate Coax Runs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)