Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

I hope we get it next week. The new season of Dr. Who starts on Friday. Does anyone know if it shown in HD on SciFi?

Thanks,
Ted

Just give it up...Why wait for a company that really doesn't care about it's customer's..they are in trouble and they start all this crap..just to keep the pot stirred.When the last bird failed to reach it's spot, that my friends is a nail in the coffin,Oh wait maybe it's all a rumor...

Just give it up...Why wait for a company that really doesn't care about it's customer's..they are in trouble and they start all this crap..just to keep the pot stirred.When the last bird failed to reach it's spot, that my friends is a nail in the coffin,Oh wait maybe it's all a rumor...

I'm beginning to feel that the Sci-Fi and USA uplinks were just an albatross to keep people from jumping ship. Well, it's a ruse that's reaching the end of it's usefulness.

Yeah last night while I was watching BSG due to I missed it on Friday they showed at the bottom of the Screen that BSG is now in HD. Please contact your Service Provider and I thought yeah I think everyone as already done that..

I'm beginning to feel that the Sci-Fi and USA uplinks were just an albatross to keep people from jumping ship. Well, it's a ruse that's reaching the end of it's usefulness.

Well, it might originally have been intended as a ruse, but ironically it's turned into an albatross around DN's neck, at least in these quarters.

Again, it's only fair to point out that Charlie (i.e. DN) has given no announcement about new national HD except to claim they will have 100 channels of it by year's end. The euphoria that comes to these boards every Monday (and dissipates on Thursday) needs to be tempered by knowledge of that info.

Last edited:
Well we will see what happens this week plus nice to know that another HD Channel is being tested that has not been talked about much.. Listen to Podcast to find out which channel it is.. :)

The uplinks and Tricia Helfer's appearance on the most recent CC...all that an albatross? Possibly...but they have no real reason to hold back on USA-HD and SciFi-HD. They're sitting there taking up space on 110 that used to be HDPPV channels.

No, something else is going on behind the scenes. I don't know what it is, but it's more than just a ruse.

The uplinks and Tricia Helfer's appearance on the most recent CC...all that an albatross? Possibly...but they have no real reason to hold back on USA-HD and SciFi-HD. They're sitting there taking up space on 110 that used to be HDPPV channels.

No, something else is going on behind the scenes. I don't know what it is, but it's more than just a ruse.

"Unrequited" uplinks (e.g. MSG-HD, InHd) have been going on since time immemorial: no reason to think any particular ones will ever go live (although of course being uplinked is a necessary condition to being made available).

Also, why does Tricia Helfer's appearance mean that SciFi-HD will go live? SciFi is available now on DN, just in SD.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear about what I meant by "albatross around DN's neck". I simply meant that now that those two channels (SciFi/USA-HD) have been uplinked there is a perceived obligation on the part of DN to have them go live. Something they really didn't need at this point.

What's really going on? DN is negotiating, testing, seeing what it might be able to take on as national HD. There's no reason to think they're in any rush to bring us new channels: they have until the end of the year.

Last edited:
There not in a rush, but DISH will need SOME/ANY good news for the 1st Qtr investor conf call when they announce churn and sub rates and the loss of amc-14.

"Unrequited" uplinks (e.g. MSG-HD, InHd) have been going on since time immemorial: no reason to think any particular ones will ever go live (although of course being uplinked is a necessary condition to being made available).

Also, why does Tricia Helfer's appearance mean that SciFi-HD will go live? SciFi is available now on DN, just in SD.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear about what I meant by "albatross around DN's neck". I simply meant that now that those two channels (SciFi/USA-HD) have been uplinked there is a perceived obligation on the part of DN to have them go live. Something they really didn't need at this point.

What's really going on? DN is negotiating, testing, seeing what it might be able to take on as national HD. There's no reason to think they're in any rush to bring us new channels: they have until the end of the year.

and by then I hope there bread & butter has been Churned by then (subs saying goodbye) , this is beyond a Fiasco , were not asking to meet DTV , just add these 2 damn ch already , please , pretty please with sugar on top!:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)