Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

New HD? All of these threads speculating about what new HD channels and when. Maybe this week. No?, How about next week. Oh no, a satellite is falling. Talk to the CSR's Each one has a different story. The installers all have different stories as well. Meanwhile. the days roll into weeks and the weeks roll into months without any new HD. I totally believe that HD has reached critical mass which means in about 3-4 years 95% of all programming will be in HD. It will only be the 2nd rate programming (stations) that will be in SD. E* will deliver, eventually.

OK, I will help keep the post alive.

If I just get ONE additional HD channel this month (heck this quarter), then I want Sci-Fi HD. Yes, there are a few others I would like, but give me Sci-Fi.

:hungry:

Scott keeps saying that we will get a bunch of new HD by May. Well it just happens that our goverment has decided to give us a tax rebate as a stimulus to the economy, starting in May, so I decided if we don't get new HD by May I will use my tax rebate to offset the cost of canceling my Dish contract early plus to help pay for any cost of new equipment from Direct. That way I won't feel the pain of the expense of changing over to Direct, and maybe if enough people do this it will work as a stimulus, because it will stimulate Chuckie to do something and add more HD for the subs he still has. Honestly I hope I won't have to switch. Nothing against Direct, it is just that I have had Dish for many years and would like to stay with them, but darn Charlie give us some new HD, at less Sci Fi and USA to show us we should stay because more is coming.

So, I will let you spend "your" tax rebate as you suggest. Then, according to your theory, all I have to do is sit tight and Charlie will add more HD. This give me the benefit of getting to use my full tax rebate. Brilliant idea! Please use your tax break as you suggest! ;)

Plain and simple, if you are not happy, move on.

It is clear that Dish is focusing on locals. Locals are what brings in more new subscriptions..

Dish had its HD day. I am sure people on the Direct side could not take it anymore and jumped ship when Dish was ahead. Now the tables are turned. If you can get a great deal - jump ship.

Note: I would love to see BSG in HD as much as the next guy. However, after all is said and done ... its a TV show. I'll survive ;)

Mind you, if I were to see Six in HD ... I might jump ship too ;)

Hey Oak, I wish Dish would give me my locals in HD, They haven't yet. I actually want my hd locals more than I want any particular national HD channel. I was mostly kidding about switching, however, at some point (probably football season) if I don't have my locals I will jump ship. I feel I have been a very good dish customer for all these years, and haven't jumped ship, but I am just like everyone else here, I am getting fustrated with the way Charlie seems to be treating his loyal customers. He needs to show us some good faith.

I'll give you that. The way some company's deal with new customers versus existing can be pretty sad. They roll out the red carpet with the new and the existing customers ...

I did get a pretty good deal from Dish though when I went HD in Jan of 08 ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts