Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

Congrats on over 1200 postings on this thread alone. I wonder how many calls or chats with Dish Network. Dish issued the wrong press release concerning HD (about the locals). There are been no mention from Dish Network about CNN-HD at this time. Tough times continue at Dish, I guess.

Maybe the cylons have control of Dish you know we all say #6 on Charlie Chat... We better call in support.. STARBUCK!! :)

Maybe the cylons have control of Dish you know we all say #6 on Charlie Chat... We better call in support.. STARBUCK!! :)

Its already been said here within the last few days but its worth repeating: Maybe Charlie is the final Cylon. Opens up a whole lot of possibilities and none of them are good. :eek:

But who knows... they way the show is heading maybe 6 will overthrow 1. After all, she can really kick some serious a$$.

Dish will get SciFi HD lit up just AFTER BSG has run its final episode.. what a flipping awesome company Charlie runs...

I will say this.. many of us that watch Sci-Fi and also read these forums tend to be "tech folks". I know that my friends and co-workers turn to me for advice on this computer, that TV or how to get their HD. I have already steared 4 folks since January to Direct TV. I hope each of you are doing the same. DISH won't change until the earnings call makes them.. push subs to DIRECT and then we will finally get some action.

Wow...we've reached the point where people are actively trying to get people to sign up for something else.

I still can't believe I logged on here, and found out that they turned on CNN HD, and not USA or Sci Fi.

And here I was hoping the rumors were true...that it not happening last week was the result of a technical glitch, and everything would be good to go for today.

Guess the only glitch is in the company's ability to understand what its customers want.

Wow...we've reached the point where people are actively trying to get people to sign up for something else.

I still can't believe I logged on here, and found out that they turned on CNN HD, and not USA or Sci Fi.

And here I was hoping the rumors were true...that it not happening last week was the result of a technical glitch, and everything would be good to go for today.

Guess the only glitch is in the company's ability to understand what its customers want.

DING! DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!

Actually with Dish and Echostar stocks both going up today, apparently the only glitch is in the ability of the members of an Internet satellite forum to objectively understand what millions of customers besides themselves want to see and what a global corpration knows about running successfully based on hard demographics, not a dozen subscriber's opinions.

Or so it seems...

I will be glad when they turn on more HD, regardless.

It seems I'm destined to wait on everything.

It seems I'm destined to wait on everything.
I'm waiting on the Pioneer Elite Pro-111FD 50” Plasma TV,
I'm waiting on the PIONEER VSX-1018TXH-K AUDIO VIDEO RECEIVER,
I'm waiting on SciFi on Dish HD.

I guess Dish has got till June or July, but if I had an HDTV right now I'd be with DirectTV or going outa my head right now.

Actually with Dish and Echostar stocks both going up today, apparently the only glitch is in the ability of the members of an Internet satellite forum to objectively understand what millions of customers besides themselves want to see and what a global corpration knows about running successfully based on hard demographics, not a dozen subscriber's opinions.

Or so it seems...

I will be glad when they turn on more HD, regardless.

As far as I know, Dish doesn't release subscriber rates on a daily basis. Thus, whether or not the stocks went up today has nothing to do with whether or not people are leaving due to Dish not offering two very popular channels (one of which is the NUMBER ONE ad-supported cable channel).

I could be wrong, but they probably don't say how many subscribers there are until the end of a quarter. Even then, we may see subscriber rates go up, but the rate of subscribers with expensive plans go down.

One thing's for sure: Dish is definitely NOT the HD leader. They dropped the ball, and continue to drop it week after week. Any posturing about "we wait to negotiate the best deal on behalf of our customers" is BS, plain and simple.

DING, DING, DING, we have the TRUE winner.

apparently the only glitch is in the ability of the members of an Internet satellite forum to objectively understand what millions of customers besides themselves want to see

negative.

the majority of those millions are the clueless losers so ignorant and lazy that they prefer it when Turner Networks pre-stretch their 4:3 sh*t for them so they have to be bothered to learn of and find the * button if they prefer to watch it like idiots.

Last edited:
I figured this week would be a sure thing. My HD set is at the shop, so if it did get switched on, I wouldn't be able to see it anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts