SciFi channel HD??

I agree with you,That's is why I would prefer the channel come with a real HD format and real HD content, I don't want a unconverted ch just to get teased, I don't like to be teased .;)

I think the reality with most channels is that we are going to get a mix of unconverted and real HD. Most of the shows in SciFi that I am interested in were shot in HD, and I would expect them to be broadcast that way.

but from what it sounds liket they arent broadcasting any HD at this time...no matter what it was shot in.

This quote from Scott gave me the Idea to label the new D Channels on HD.... SD Plus??:D:D

They already have name for SD content that has been pushed up to its highest quality, 480i - it's called ED.

Most SD is not even close to 480i so when the signal is pushed up to 480i it looks really good.

but from what it sounds liket they arent broadcasting any HD at this time...no matter what it was shot in.

Really? I suspect that will change soon. It had better. And E* better carry it. Or else!

Or else I'll be upset. And may post something! That'll show 'em!

Sci-Fi doesn't have a HD feed, therefore, the only thing you will see on Directv is the SD version stretched out and running at the highest bitrate possible but its still stretched and the HD filmed shows will not be in HD because Sci-Fi themselves do not have a HD feed available...this is a gimmick to get people over to Directv for there stretched out HD...this isn't smart if you my opinion on this...full resolution or not, I'll stay patient with Dish at the moment...

Sci-Fi doesn't have a HD feed, therefore, the only thing you will see on Directv is the SD version stretched out and running at the highest bitrate possible but its still stretched and the HD filmed shows will not be in HD because Sci-Fi themselves do not have a HD feed available...this is a gimmick to get people over to Directv for there stretched out HD...this isn't smart if you my opinion on this...full resolution or not, I'll stay patient with Dish at the moment...

Since you're presenting yourself as a subject expert can you please tell us then why NBC/Universal have listed Sci-Fi, USA and Bravo HD channels on their technical web site showing what satellites and transponders these channels are on?

https://www.nbcunetworks.com/Webpage/Techspecs/ViewPublicTechSpecs.aspx?NetworkId=MjE=

Oh, and BTW, none of these channels are changing the aspect ratio of 4:3 material, no stretching going on there.

Sci-Fi doesn't have a HD feed, therefore, the only thing you will see on Directv is the SD version stretched out and running at the highest bitrate possible but its still stretched
Unlike the Discovery Channels, TBS, A&E, History channel, the NBC Universal Channels (Bravo HD, SciFi HD and USA-HD) are showing their programs in the OAR. No stretching or zooming of these channels.

Maybe. But then all they need to do is pull a "Spike TV" and change the name of an existing channel. Voila!

Oh... I was almost going to say 'mission accomplished' until I remembered a certain someone with that phrase in the background on an aircraft carrier.

An upconverted Sci-Fi might still look better than the SD channel, depending on how much bandwidth it gets straight from the source. Right now, Sci-Fi SD looks like it was converted to analog, transmitted OTA, and re-converted to digital. The contrast is just terrible, which is even worse since so many of their shows are dark.

An upconverted Sci-Fi might still look better than the SD channel, depending on how much bandwidth it gets straight from the source. Right now, Sci-Fi SD looks like it was converted to analog, transmitted OTA, and re-converted to digital. The contrast is just terrible, which is even worse since so many of their shows are dark.

All of that is bad enough but the damn channel bugs promoting future programs are what really drive me crazy. I can hardly stand to watch Sci-fi and several other channels anymore because of them. :mad:

NightRyder

Since you're presenting yourself as a subject expert can you please tell us then why NBC/Universal have listed Sci-Fi, USA and Bravo HD channels on their technical web site showing what satellites and transponders these channels are on?

https://www.nbcunetworks.com/Webpage/Techspecs/ViewPublicTechSpecs.aspx?NetworkId=MjE=

Oh, and BTW, none of these channels are changing the aspect ratio of 4:3 material, no stretching going on there.

But Galaxy 14 transponder 18 isn't listed on LyngSat so it must not exist ;)

I didn't see transponders there for Bravo-HD or USA-HD but somehow D* is getting at least USA-HD, must be magic.

You can bet that there'd be another 100+ post thread trying to portray USA HD as an upconvert channel created by DirecTV that doesn't really exist if the HD airing of the Fast and Furious wasn't so fortuitously scheduled.

You can bet that there'd be another 100+ post thread trying to portray USA HD as an upconvert channel created by DirecTV that doesn't really exist if the HD airing of the Fast and Furious wasn't so fortuitously scheduled.

And that USA changed the bug to say USA HD.

So D* now has Sci-FI HD. BLAH! With Stargate Atlantis in first run and BSG just around the corner, E* better get it and get it soon...

i think e*will eventually but they will roll out with mulitple hd channels like usa hd,cnn hd,tbs hd,etc.hopefully soon for me too i love watching the ghosthunters show...

SciFi better get some good shows back on .. because by the time E* gets them in HD there won't be anything worth watching on there anymore..

SG1 - done..
Dresden File- canceled..
SG-Atlantis - barely worth watching..
BSG - only one I look forward to watch..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)