SciFi HD Blew me away.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stan Sherman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 7, 2006
Just watched Stargate Atlantis in HD. I have watched the repeats on UNI on Dish, but the PQ is the best I have seen so far since switching to D from E last weekend. It made the change totally perfect. And my experiance with the HR20 and the H20s has also been perfect. Ihad heard stories, but have had no difficulties except learning the new navigation.

HR20 67" 1080P Samsung DLP
H20 42" Toshiba Plasma
H20 40" Toshiba LCD

Digi the specs on those would be 4 qpsk and 6 8psk. The link is on a diffrent page where it specifies this. These new encoders would do nothing other than maybe improve the picture a bit, but these looks like the same encoders dish is allready using.

Harmonic’s latest generation of industry-leading DiviCom® Electra™ encoders (Electra 1000, 5000 & 5400 for standard definition and the Electra 7000 for high definition) enables satellite operators to increase the number of channels per transponder while also delivering superior video quality. Building on successive generations of best-in-class compression platforms these latest encoders set the benchmark for both MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC (H.264). For instance, the Electra 7000’s advanced compression tools make 5-6 HD services per 8PSK transponder a reality.

Here is the link to it Harmonic Inc. | Compression

Digi the specs on those would be 4 qpsk and 6 8psk. The link is on a diffrent page where it specifies this. These new encoders would do nothing other than maybe improve the picture a bit, but these looks like the same encoders dish is allready using.

I guess I'm missing it but the spec sheet only says 4 HD channels and only shows it having 4 video inputs. Oh well... regardless I don't see how this is going to bring SciFiHD to E*.

But when it does bring Sci-Fi hd to DISH the picture quality will be sublime thanks to the new mpeg 4 encoders.

Just watched Stargate Atlantis in HD. I have watched the repeats on UNI on Dish, but the PQ is the best I have seen so far since switching to D from E last weekend. It made the change totally perfect. And my experiance with the HR20 and the H20s has also been perfect. Ihad heard stories, but have had no difficulties except learning the new navigation.

HR20 67" 1080P Samsung DLP
H20 42" Toshiba Plasma
H20 40" Toshiba LCD

but on the h20 arent u having the same problem sum other people r having in that when u key in a channel u get the sd channel and not the hd channel....so to get the hd channel u have to page 1 channel up and then 1 channel down ?

I just switched yesterday from E* to D*. I got the HD DVR and so far no problems. The only think that I don't like is that if I want to navigate only the HD channels I have to constantley bring the guide up and select HD only.

but on the h20 arent u having the same problem sum other people r having in that when u key in a channel u get the sd channel and not the hd channel....so to get the hd channel u have to page 1 channel up and then 1 channel down ?
I'm on a CE release on my H20 and with it I can hide the SD duplicates. My HR20 is still on the last national release and doesn't hide the SD duplicate. However, the HD channel always comes up first when I put in the channel number. Future national releases of both the H20 and HR20 will allow you to hide SD duplicates.

I'm on a CE release on my H20 and with it I can hide the SD duplicates. My HR20 is still on the last national release and doesn't hide the SD duplicate. However, the HD channel always comes up first when I put in the channel number. Future national releases of both the H20 and HR20 will allow you to hide SD duplicates.

oh...cause i hav the h20 and im not on the ce release so problem 4 me.

I just switched yesterday from E* to D*. I got the HD DVR and so far no problems. The only think that I don't like is that if I want to navigate only the HD channels I have to constantley bring the guide up and select HD only.

Or just create a custom list.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)