score guide popup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
is there any way to disable this? sometimes it just keeps popping up every 5 seconds

Hit the Exit button, makes it go away. I find it usefull to hit that once I settle into a channel, otherwise if I'm surfing between the sport channels I just let it be.

i swear this score guide thing is the most unstable pos i've ever encountered that was related to TV!

The scoreguide feature is on the best and most useful interactive feature they added. I love it, use it often, and hope they never get rid of it.

i swear this score guide thing is the most unstable pos i've ever encountered that was related to TV!
What do you find unstable about it? Are you using it on a DVR or a receiver? The interactive features like ScoreGuide are fairly new. Have you had any interactive capabilities with any other provider prior to D*?

What do you find unstable about it? Are you using it on a DVR or a receiver? The interactive features like ScoreGuide are fairly new. Have you had any interactive capabilities with any other provider prior to D*?
Its a H20-100. It will constantly popup, sometimes I'll open and it'll close, and keep doing that. Too many problems with it for me.

and what i mean btw, is that it just keeps coming up saying hit red to open score guide. just keeps popping up again and again.

Its a H20-100. It will constantly popup, sometimes I'll open and it'll close, and keep doing that. Too many problems with it for me.
Just hit the exit button.

With that said, it sound like a problem with your particular receiver. I have the same one. The little guide info will pop up in the bottom right corner and if I never hit it, it will never pop up again.

and what i mean btw, is that it just keeps coming up saying hit red to open score guide. just keeps popping up again and again.
There is something wrong with your receiver. Since it keeps happening just hit the exit button and it should not come up again.

If I have to call D* to get it replaced, will I get another H20?

It is probably a software glitch. Try resetting your receiver first by pressing the red button.

If that doesn't work, then reload the software. Press the red button, when the welcome screen comes on, hit 0 2 4 6 8 on your remote.

You can't be guaranteed to get a specific model, so trying the reset would be best.

Once I hit exit, the ScoreGuide won't pop back up unless I change channels or bring up the guide. If you do either of those actions, it will reactivate ScoreGuide.

scoreguide ?

I made my Direct tv settings theses on my hr20 my question is when scoreguide comes on my picture pops in and out is their a way to disabled it ?

Video:

Native: ON

Screen Format: Original format pillar
Bar Color: Black

TV Ratio:
Standard 4:3

TV Resolutions:
480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

Your LCD TV s/b set to 4:3 aspect

Hit the exit button and it will not come up again as long as you stay on that channel.

Did you try resetting your receiver?

scoreguide ?

I Hit the exit button once the info bar did not come up did I do it right ?

I Hit the exit button once the info bar did not come up did I do it right ?
If it does not show up again while on that channel, then yes.

Keep in mind, if you change the channel to another sports channel or go back to that channel, it will activate it again. You just need to hit the exit button again.

Did you try resetting your receiver by pressing the red button on the front of the receiver behind the little door?

scoreguide ?

If I try resetting my receiver by pressing the red button on the front of the receiver behind the little door what will it do can you disable it and enable it to ?

If I try resetting my receiver by pressing the red button on the front of the receiver behind the little door what will it do can you disable it and enable it to ?
It won't disable it, but it may fix the software glitch on your receiver (if there is one). It may cause it to function as it is supposed (scorequide info displayed once and temperately without any screen issues)

Status
Please reply by conversation.