Scored a 10' Channel Master

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jrturbo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 25, 2009
norther california
Hi all, just wanted to post some pics of this channel master i just picked up. The dish was taken apart so i am not sure if all the parts are there. Looks like everything is there but this is my first BUD. Guy that gave it to me said everything was there. Does it look like i got everything? Thanks all.

Attachments

• DSC06100.JPG
    DSC06100.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 257
  • DSC06099.JPG
    DSC06099.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 239
  • DSC06098.JPG
    DSC06098.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 231
  • DSC06097.JPG
    DSC06097.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 220
  • DSC06096.JPG
    DSC06096.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 229
  • DSC06095.JPG
    DSC06095.JPG
    807.5 KB · Views: 247
it **looks** like everything is there.

I cant tell if there is a piece missing......I'm thinking of a piece to bolt the frame of the dish (the square thing) to the mast might be missing...but not 100% sure

You could search through the forum for pictures of other Channel Master dishes.
Or, one of our members might have that same dish.

I know of one guy who refurbished one that was wind-eroded in the desert.
Take a look through McGuyver's pictures and see if they are of any help.
Make sure you scroll through all the images; some of the later ones are much better.
And zoom in on them, some are quite spectacular and show all the pieces.

Also, I believe ACradio had some comments on this brand/size of dishes, so ya might take a search for anything he had to say.

Anole,
His CM looks brand new. you say he restored it? Pictures are awesome looks like i do have everything, going to go check it out in a bit. Would like to get more info from this member. He still active here?

Thanks

Yea, the fiberglass surface was "hairy", with little bits sticking up.
That was from 20 years of being sandblasted in the desert.
He repainted the dish, and as you can see, he painted the mount.

Use the "Advance Search" feature and look on the forum for the thread where he discussed his work.

Just realized, his is 8' and yours is 10', but still there should be similarities.

Also, ACradio has experience with these dishes (if I remember).
I believe his signature has a link to his picture gallery (off site) with a bunch of ChannelMaster BUDs.

He has commented on big fiberglass dishes, and maybe even some commercial dishes, having some sag to them and performing like smaller dishes.
I just don't recall what brand he was discussing at the time.

Sorry to not be more specific, but I don't have the dish.
I'm just recalling what I've read here on the forum over the years, and it does all run together. :)

Looks good...you got yourself a fine dish. I would like to find another 10 to use for the circular C Atlantic Ocean dish. I know where several of the 8 footers are but no 10's...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)