Scored a Sonicview cheap

Status
Please reply by conversation.
$124.00 shipped. Too good to be true? We will see, and I'll update. :) It's coming from Canada.

Yea saw those and brand new.. I wanted one but don't know how legit it was.
Now that you got one, hopefully arrives well.

Let us know.

Good Deal

I have a SonicView HD-8000 that I got off of Craigslist for $100 and really have enjoyed this receiver. I'm currently using the official firmware from the SonicView web page and everything works pretty well. Of course it is not perfect but I have it running my motorized setup - - - - and it does a very good job with that.

Good pickup :up

I believe Kirara386 did a review, last year.
Was that what helped you choose it?
(well, obviously the price was a strong motivator, too!) - :)

Figured it was time for something that won't lock up all the time. Try something new. Plus I hear the program guide works so...it's worth a shot.

This really blows....

not the new toy...because I never got it. Why...apparently this is what I'm told.

(Quote) Hi there, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I was not home for a few days. Paypal placed a hold on the funds again. I called them up today and they said that with new eBay sellers they have to place a hold for up to 1 month or so because there are was so many clones of FTA machines sold on eBay. I am sorry but I am just gonna get rid of this unit localy on Kijiji or something because paypal is stupid. I will issue your refund right away. I hope that me and you can leave each other good feedback at least. Thank you and take care. (Unquote)

To hell with that. That sux. I really wanted a Sonicview too! Sounded too good to be true. Waiting on refund.

not the new toy...because I never got it. Why...apparently this is what I'm told.

(Quote) Hi there, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I was not home for a few days. Paypal placed a hold on the funds again. I called them up today and they said that with new eBay sellers they have to place a hold for up to 1 month or so because there are was so many clones of FTA machines sold on eBay. I am sorry but I am just gonna get rid of this unit localy on Kijiji or something because paypal is stupid. I will issue your refund right away. I hope that me and you can leave each other good feedback at least. Thank you and take care. (Unquote)

To hell with that. That sux. I really wanted a Sonicview too! Sounded too good to be true. Waiting on refund.

You got that right! the seller should have shipped it regardless, his paypal account issue shouldn't effect your purchase unless he was so poor as to not afford the shipping cost and relied on those funds. sorry to hear about this. There are some flakey sellers on ebay and it's important to check their feedback% ratings if they have any. A lot of people get burned on ebay and I hope it doesn't happen to me. I just recently bought a used VS 9000 HD for $100 bucks on ebay and waiting for it to arrive very soon and hope it's everything the seller says it is. maybe we should start calling it "ePray" :eek:... pray for the best buying experience :cool:

Oh, and I also placed a bid on a 1000 ft roll of RG-6 and won it, dirt cheap too, the seller only had about $16 bucks listed for shipping and I won the bid for about $13, then after immediate payment through paypal, 2 days later the seller emails me asking for more $$$ because the shipping was more than they expected. their profit was maybe $1.50 and I said that I can't help with the costs. I told them it was an auction and a deal is a deal, you don't always get what you expect, we all live and learn. I just hope that they don't pull a fast one on me and disappear into thin air. Either way, eBay is better these days in resolving disputs and not to mention paypal as a backup source.

hmm, you should report the seller to ebay to get his account suspended.

Seems like he didn't want to sell at the bid price. Had that happen to me once... I won a Betacam SP pro deck for some ridiculously low amount, paid immediately, but was refunded. Seller claimed he dropped it accidentally while packing it to ship, and it was smashed. Yeah, right... :rolleyes:

He should be reported

You should report the guy to Ebay and Pay-pal. I basically admits he has it and it's in good condition basically just to much trouble for him to ship. Report him!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts