Scott, Any news on GolTV & E*?

The folks at DISH Network seemed to have taken Fox Sports en Espanol away from us AT250 subscribers. That stinks!

I think there may be a misconception amongst the Dish Network Brain Trust that just about every soccer fan in this country speaks Spanish. That might explain why they have offered the extended free preview of Setanta Sports to their customers who have their Spanish language package, but only that one weekend to those of us who have the AT250 package.

The one weekend free preview of Setanta was on all providers.

PS There are no misconceptions at Dish Network, they know exactly how many people watched GolTV in English and how many watched GolTV in Spanish.

I'm not one who gets all irate and threatens to jump ship right away, but the loss of GolTV is something that I'll store in the back of my mind. I'll hold off through this season and see where the league contracts end up going.

I subscribed to Dish because I got the most Soccer games for the cheapest price (in my area), but come next season if I'm still missing a large portion of matches out there, then I may start thinking about other programming options.

I've been thinking of switching anyway....and with the loss of Worldsport AND GolTV, they made up my mind for me. No choice really. Gave them a month to sort it out, will take a couple of weeks to make the switch...but you gotta cut your loses at some point.

Come on ESPN...get in the game next year!!!

I just switched yesterday. La Liga starts this weekend. Thanks Directv. I know exactly how many customers watch GolTv on Dishnetwork...None. And the only customer I care about now watches GolTv on Directv. Goodbye Charlie. (I do miss my 622 already.)

Well La liga starts this weekend. I cant believe E* has not come up with a deal with GolTV.
Its so frustrating. I have missed two weeks of the Bundesliga. Any rumors Scott about a deal in the works? or are they talking? anything to give so hope.

I feel your pain. After losing 15HD channels in the dark of night back in may..I know exactly how you feel.

I hope you get your channel back..

Good luck!

I know how many DISH customers watch GOLTV now......

OK seriously, I wonder if when the next DISH customer lost report comes out (maybe another 25.000 customers), if they can tell us how many of the customers that left, were watching GOLTV in a regular basis, including how many in english and how many in spanish, so we can close this thread forever....

If you watch GolTV, what does it matter to you whether anyone else does ?

I live in a small town, and I'm sure that my TV is the only one that is ever tuned to the English Premier League. I don't care - I like watching it and that's all that matters.

If GolTV matters to you, subscribe to DirecTV and it shouldn't matter what anyone else does.

I live in a small town, and I'm sure that my TV is the only one that is ever tuned to the English Premier League. I don't care - I like watching it and that's all that matters.

If GolTV matters to you, subscribe to DirecTV and it shouldn't matter what anyone else does.

Exactly. What does it matter to you what people on this and other similar threads think and do?

If GolTV doesn't matter to you, stay with DishTV and it shouldn't matter what anyone else does, no matter how "uninformed" in your opinion that person may be.

Excuse me, but I am switching to Directv this weekend, I had DISH for more than 10 years, so no, I don't have GOLTV right now, but the reason for my posting was that I knew that you will come up with a "smart answer" as usual. You are the one saying that DISH knows how many customers watch any channel, so I would like to know how many english or spanish customers will cancel DISH because of GOLTV, according to your "experts opinions" DISH shoudn't have any problem figuring this one out. In any case this is my fault, I don't know why I am wasting my time with people like you.

Exactly. What does it matter to you what people on this and other similar threads think and do?

If GolTV doesn't matter to you, stay with DishTV and it shouldn't matter what anyone else does, no matter how "uninformed" in your opinion that person may be.

I have said over and over again:

" If you need GolTV, get DirecTV. "

and you keep saying:

" ... it shouldn't matter what anyone else does... "

it doesn't.

All I am doing is pointing out various statements that are made in these threads that are incorrect.

Such as " Dish are fools - they don't know how many people will leave because of GolTV - they will lose money. " when in fact, the people who leave will be less than the cost of GolTV - otherwise they would not have dropped the channel.

The actual incorrect thought there is " Dish is dropping a channel I watch a lot - and since I watch it, they must be making a mistake. " Since they watch the channel, they feel that anyone who drops it must be a fool.

In my case, I like to watch Alpine ski racing. It's not a popular spectactor sport, and ESPN dropped it and it was picked up by VS, who have also dropped it. I never said " those guys are fools - they are losing out by not showing ski racing ".

I have said over and over again:

" If you need GolTV, get DirecTV. "

and you keep saying:

" ... it shouldn't matter what anyone else does... "

No, what I keep saying is it shouldn't matter to you what anyone else does. If people are "rational" or not or "emotional" or not when they vent, why does it matter to you. You are so hellbent on "correcting" people that you miss the tenor of these threads. People are venting their frustrations and for a number of reasons Dish (perhaps unfairly) is the easier target to vent against on these threads, full stop. "Correcting" people in this context is an unnecessary provocation.

PS Are you autistic? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)