Scott whats the surprise?

G

Original poster
I have been reading your postings a long time now (DBS Dish, DBS Forums and DBS talk) and you have been very accurate with your reports and news. I was very happy to find your new site.

Before the entire dbs talk blowup happened I messaged you and you said you would have a big surprise around the end of september.

Is this big surprise still coming? Or is it dead now because of the dbs talk thing? Can you fill us in yet?

The other place while it has had a lot of users has not been the same without you, it's kind of funny seeing Chris try to fill in for you and not really know what the hell hes talking about. Does that guy know anything about satellite besides watching it?

Please let me know what I can help you do to help you promote your site. I will even change my tagline at the other place to "For real satellite news read it at satelliteguys.us" if you would like.

Keep up the good work Scott, while some of your efforts are unconventional you are the only guys who seems to call things like they really are, I dont think any of the guys working on dbs talk can say that.

I should also add it was funny watching them try to upgrade their software last week, it showed you were really the guy who ran the ship at dbstalk.

Peter

BTW I think you should offer Steve Mehs a job over here.

Peter, Scott has mentioned the surprise in the Guy's Pub, but its still not public knowledge yet.

All I can say is I'm sure we'll know all about it in less than a week.

Wow, what a note. Talk about opening a can of worms. :)

Hope you take a moment to register. :)

First of all I believe the guys at DBSTalk know one of my plans which is why they have been stocking up on moderators lately who work in the business. But I have more then that one event up my sleave. ;)

Kind of sad to see them try to one up me like that but its ok. I would be really surprised if any of this new staff there has access to the private staff forum. You should have seen how hard Mark Lamutt and I worked to get Zloth (Now Mark Holtz) into the mix. I know he has denied this but I still have the database and can prove my claims. I have no reason to lie. And whats the deal with them making everyone change their name from their handles to their real names?

But I digress.

Yes I do have a few surprises up my sleave and will announce them when its time, the supporters of this site know some of whats going on, but not everything. :)

Please let me know what I can help you do to help you promote your site. I will even change my tagline at the other place to "For real satellite news read it at satelliteguys.us" if you would like.

You can do that if you want that's up to you. I do plan on having a referal program set up in the future where you can earn points to some cool prizes for refering new members to the site. :)

Out of respect to the other boards I have not spamed their sites, I guess I could if I wanted to, but I believe that if I provide the best news first people will know where to go for the best information.

Just remember when your reading news you can bet it came from HERE first. Yes the other guys may try to steal it, but what would you expect? :D

Believe it or not Chris emailed me and wanted me to post my news both to here and DBSTalk so that we could fight against DBSforums and AVSforums. How silly is that?

I should also add it was funny watching them try to upgrade their software last week, it showed you were really the guy who ran the ship at dbstalk.

Yeah funny thing was I tried warning Chris about some of those problems before he upgraded I even told him what he needed to do to prevent those problems, unforatunately he ignored my warnings. While it is true I did most of the programming over there, Chris is no dummy is and quick to learn, I have no doubts that he will be able to run things smoothly after getting his rust off a little more. (And that's not a bad thing)

BTW I think you should offer Steve Mehs a job over here
Actually I have not talked to Steve since all this has gone done, I have been busy busy on the projects for this site, between programming, meetings with Legal council and meetings with some of my contacts and partners.

Steve is a VERY smart guy and I would love to have him on my staff, we actually met a few weeks ago and had a fun time. Steve actually got his wish a few weeks ago and got a position he was hoping for a long time for, and that was a spot on the staff of AVSforums. Steve is a valuable asset to whoever has him and this guy knows his information and like me, he likes to help people.

I must admit I would also like Mark Lamutt too, theres another guy who knows a lot about the industry. I have enjoyed working with him on breaking big news items, like the time we wored together to announce HDNet was coming to Dish Network, there was some good team work by Mark and myself on that item, I enjoyed that very much. Truth be told I had a few offers made to me when I left DBSTalk and I turned them down because of Mark, if I would have taken any of them it would have killed his contests, and I did not want that, this guy is a work horse and he loves this hobby. (I also miss him correcting all my spelling/typing mistakes. :D)

I am happy to have John Corn, James F, Kevin, Jack and the rest of the staff I have here so far. I do expect a couple more big names to come on board soon. (But thats all I can say about that for now) :D

In the movie The Field of Dreams they said if you build it they will come, and I know that with what I am working on once I post my information they will come here to SatelliteGuys.US.

And while I am on the soapbox here I would like to state that I am NOT doing this site for money, while I have invested a lot of money and time into this project I do it solely as a hobby. I do it because its FUN for me, if I wanted to make money at this (and I am SURE I could) then it would be a JOB and not fun.

I have always been one of the most open and honest of any of the other guys, and that has both blessed me and cursed me, but in thinking about it I wouldn't have wanted to do it any other way. :D Opening this site was something I should have done a long long time ago.

The surprises are coming soon! I do hope you enjoy them, thanks for being a SatelliteGuy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)