Scott's Mini Hopper 3 Review

I think US is around 13 or 14 in average speed...you do have a point on land mass, but still large % of population in cities above 20-30k (90+% of population I bet), which any city that size or bigger shod have fast speeds.
According to the Census bureau, as of the 2010 Census, 84% of the population lived in "cities" and 16% was rural. The cities account for approximately 10% of the area of the USA, and rural areas, the remainder of landmass of 90%.

Or out in small cities.
That would make sense, the rural customer was the original bread and butter of the DBS companies in the mid 90's (DirecTV, USSB, Primestar, and Dish). For many (myself included) cable was or is not available so TVRO, DBS, or OTA was the only option. I had TVRO for many years prior to finally going with DBS about 2001. Also, in a lot of rural areas, and small towns, even if they are served by cable, it is expensive and the service is horrible (few channels, still analog only, no HD, etc...).

I currently have 200/20 with TWC for 44.99. That's a promotional rate which is normally 54.99 but is going up.
We have TWC here with 50 down and 5 up for $59.99 month - even at full price what you are getting sounds like you a great deal.
But there is no competition in our neighborhood. FIOS is in our "downtown" part of the city but so far hasn't expanded our way.

We have TWC here with 50 down and 5 up for $59.99 month - even at full price what you are getting sounds like you a great deal.
But there is no competition in our neighborhood. FIOS is in our "downtown" part of the city but so far hasn't expanded our way.
TWC now has competition thanks to Google Fiber and AT&T roll outs.

2 questions.
1. A HWS can't be used with a H3?

2. Can we FINALLY change the 1am reboot to another time?

Thanks

1) Correct. You can not use a HWS together with a H3.
2) No there is no way to change the update time, but no one seems to know what the update time is now. :)

I currently have 200/20 with TWC for 44.99. That's a promotional rate which is normally 54.99 but is going up.

Nice. Down in Rock Hill, I'm paying $65 for 60/3 From Craporium...err...I mean...Comporium. I think Google could/would be the first with enough power to unseat the Comporium monopoly down here in York County, but its wishful thinking that they would bother bringing Fiber this far south.

I thought I saw it on the Dish Portal and it said something about how all receivers must be in standby mode and the equipment will take the update. I'm not sure there actually is a set time. If everyone were to look at when the latest software was updated I bet we would all see different times.

I thought I saw it on the Dish Portal and it said something about how all receivers must be in standby mode and the equipment will take the update. I'm not sure there actually is a set time. If everyone were to look at when the latest software was updated I bet we would all see different times.
That sounds about right - we watch the news in our bedroom so the last channel change is made around 11pm. The Hopper and other Joey are turned off before I go up to bed. The last update was at 3:27am on Feb 10th so that makes sense with the 4 hour auto shut off time frame.

Sorry for the easy question but.....

I'm only getting 30 Mbps wifi. Is there a problem or is it .11n and not .11ac?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)