Scott's Mini Hopper 3 Review

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but where is the stop button on the new remote 50?

I'm not sure what my remote is, but I have to hit Select, then stop is in the sub menu that pops up. BTW....how would I find out what remote I have???

The Hopper 3 sounds all great and wonderful and such but my household has a hopper and a HWS so that my wife and I can have our own recordings/timers without someone accidentally deleting the other's and also because if one of the harddrives fails, then we still have the other receiver which most of our shows are on Primetime Anytime so both receivers record them anyways. I sure hope they change things to where a household can have a Hopper 3 and a hopper or HWS hooked up together. Heck, it wouldn't be the end of the world if they couldn't see each other. I just wouldn't want to have to pay for two separate services/dishes. Maybe it will happen at some point soon!

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'm use to having the ability to have 2 dish anywhere devices playing at the same time but my 4k joey and hopper 3 ignores my sling player when I plug it in.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

I thought I saw it on the Dish Portal and it said something about how all receivers must be in standby mode and the equipment will take the update. I'm not sure there actually is a set time. If everyone were to look at when the latest software was updated I bet we would all see different times.
I went to U304 on 2/19 at 12:35 am central

I went to U304 on 2/19 at 12:35 am central

Mine was around 3am which makes sense. My Wireless Joey is the last receiver on. I usually fall asleep with it on and it's suppose to shut off after 4 hours. It was close to 11pm when I went to sleep.

How do you check what software version you have and when it was last updated? I can't seem to find it on any of the screens. If you have the inactivity timer turned off will it still do the updates, as long as you have manually shut off both the H3 and Joey (green lights off).

Press the Menu Button twice.

Thanks, I have been on that screen plenty of times I just somehow missed the update version and date. Now how do I know if I have the most recent version? I have U304 as posted above, so that seems like the most recent for the H3? The 4K Joey has something different.

I have a Hopper 1 with many recording and would like to transfer them to the Hopper 3 when I upgrade soon. I have been told by Dish that this is currently not possible with an external drive due to a conflict with USB transfer compatibility issues between these two receivers. Is this really true??? It's hard to believe that they don't have a solution for all those people who want to upgrade and bring their recordings with them to the new receiver.

You can add an external USB hard drive to your Hopper 1. You can transfer those recordings that you would like to keep to that EHD. When you get your Hopper 3 you can plug that same EHD into the H3 and either watch those programs that you recorded directly from the EHD or you can transfer them to the new Hopper. I did exactly that.

Reactions: peggy97850
I saw that USB stick on the Dish Store for $15. I wonder if that thing would work on a Windows PC, because that price isn't bad. I always wanted one for my old PC, but I don't know which of them out there has audio streaming capabilities.
Yes it will work, just have to download the drivers

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: ralfyguy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)