Scott's Team Summit Blog

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So who was the biggest celebrity at Team Summit, Rich Little, John Fogerty or Candice Michelle??

If the Dish people are reading the site, how come scott has to poke and prod and pull teeth to get our questions answered? Why doesn't someone answer some of the questions, write it down and hand it to scott to save the guy some time? There's only 1,000 questions we've asked over the past 3 days, help a brother out E*...

Looks like I am going to miss my flight home. I don't know what to do.

My flight is at 8 am and its already 7:10 and the shuttle just arrived at the hotel (I had been outside waiting since just after 6am)

I never missed a plane before what do I do?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Looks like I am going to miss my flight home. I don't know what to do.

My flight is at 8 am and its already 7:10 and the shuttle just arrived at the hotel (I had been outside waiting since just after 6am)

I never missed a plane before what do I do?
Call Charlie and ask im if he can send his limo real quick! :D

Scott, if you have checked-in online, the plane will have to wait or cancel if you did not show up. This is the new TSA rule after 9/11. Plane will not leaving the gate if the comfirmed passager did not match with on-board, and/or checked in laggages did not match the passagers list. (Speaking from a pilot :)

Scott, most airline will re-schedule for the next available flight without problem, especially under the circumstance for which you have no control. Of cause, it will be on standby basis.

At least now you know to check-in on-line to give yourself some added "insurance" in the future :)

Have a safe and relax trip back. Once again, Thanks for all the hard wark you have put in for all of us.

Here comes the "Charlie screwed this up too" posts, soon as everyone wakes up...

You sit and wait for the next plane. If the plane leaves at 8am, isn't 6am still cutting it a tad close? Someone should have told you it would be so late and arranged alternative transportation before the thing ever pulled in an hour later...

Scott Greczkowski said:
1) External Storage

I have some very good news on the External Storage front, I asked if you have 2 or more 622's in your house would you be able to move the external hard drives between systems and still be able to watch shows and to this was the answer was yes.

The archiving is based per account not per receiver, so the drive would be able to view shows from all the 622's or 942's you have, however if you tried bringing your external drive over a friends house it would not work.

This makes the decision to go with a 622 much easier, with one caveat. Do they have a definitive timeline?

Also, with USB support what about the other ViP receivers based on the same chassis; like the 211? Would you be able to move your drive to the 211 and playback whatever you want to? That would be super slick.

I also think that the USB external storage support is a great move. This gets them out of the capacity race. You have essentially unlimited capacity with USB external storage. I'm assuming here that Dish will allow you as many USB drives as you want?

Cheers,

We I am here at the airport still. Got here at 7:33am however still missed my flight so no instead of getting home at 5pm I get home at 9:45 pm.

Security here was about a 30 min wait.

My one regret is that I am going to my son final little league game. And this is not just any ball game its his all star game.

I must admit except for this I enjoyed myself in Denver, its a very nice city.

John they only plan on the external storage working with the 622, 942 and 612.

Yes you can use as many drivs as you want. This is a very nice feature!

Scott-

Could you shed any light on what the plans are for the HD LILs that were recently uplinked?

The new HD Lils will be on 118.7, they are now just waiting for the finished Dishes to come off the production line, hopefully in a few weeks.

I dont think we will see any more LIL HD this year since they kept mentioning that with the addition of these new HD Lil's they are covering 49% of the US population and they said for those that they are not serving to sell them an over the air antenna.

I have made it to Chicago where I am here for a few hours. I was scared in Denver as I did not realize I was on standby so when they started loading the plane I looked to see what zone I was in and I didnt have a zone or seat listed on my ticket.

They actually loaded everyone on the plane and then called my name (phew)

Now I am once again on standby here in Chicago to go home to Hartford. I hope I make this flight as there are no more flights from O hare to Hartford tonight. :(

Scott Greczkowski said:
John they only plan on the external storage working with the 622, 942 and 612.

Yes you can use as many drivs as you want. This is a very nice feature!

Since 211 has a USB port it would be nice to hook it up to it and watch your archived stuff. That way you could get a 211 for your bedroom or other living area and watch your shows that you recorded on your 622 in your main living area.

One question. If you archive and "MPEG4" show on your 622 will you be able to hook up the external storage to your 942 and watch it?

"I dont think we will see any more LIL HD this year since they kept mentioning that with the addition of these new HD Lil's they are covering 49% of the US population and they said for those that they are not serving to sell them an over the air antenna."

For those of us who cannot receive HD OTA, we can only hope they will sort out distant HDs for us. Or I guess we will be SOL!!

rdinkel said:
For those of us who cannot receive HD OTA, we can only hope they will sort out distant HDs for us. Or I guess we will be SOL!!
That really depends on the courts.

As I said before it would not surprise me to see NBC HD available soon in O&O areas like the way the CBS HD is setup.

nuts4scuba said:
Since 211 has a USB port it would be nice to hook it up to it and watch your archived stuff. That way you could get a 211 for your bedroom or other living area and watch your shows that you recorded on your 622 in your main living area.

One question. If you archive and "MPEG4" show on your 622 will you be able to hook up the external storage to your 942 and watch it?
No you wont be able to watch MPEG4 on the 942 as it has no decoder.

If you have a 211 and want to turn it into a DVR get a pocketdish. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)