Scrambled Channels...?!!

TVH

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
This past Wednesday night we had severe thunderstorm here in North Texas. We were watching one of the Satellite HD channel and it was breaking up (pixelating, audio drop outs). My wife and I decided to turn off all the equipment because of the thunder and lightning.

It is now Thursday night and when my wife and I returned from work and turned on Voom, a strange thing happened. :confused:

None of my local OTA HD stations are coming in except for NBC. When I try CBS, or ABC, the Voom box switches me to NBC. Very strange. I then proceed to other channels starting with 100 HDNews which does not show me HDNews but content of channel 129 MOOV. :shocked I tried 109 GUNSLING and it showed me content of 130 ANAMANIA. I tried 128 GALLERY and it showed me content of 127 AUCTION.

What the heck is going on?!! :mad: Has anyone else out there had this problem previously? Please Help! Had the thunder and lightning storm last night fried my Voom box or messed up something internally? Thank goodness I still have NBC for tonight because my wife is an ER nut. She would have been very upset if she was not able to watch ER.

Thanks FunkyBoss. I just wanted to get some input before I try rebooting. I guess I will give that a shot.

I had the same thing and I had to unplug the unit for 2 or 3 minutes, then plug back in. I recycled quickly and it went back out after a couple minutes.

Thanks guys for the input...Tony.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)