Scranton/Wilkes-Barre NBC and CBS?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bjkaledas

Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
I heard that the contract was signed earlier this month and should be turned on either today or next Wednesday. Did anybody get them today or know if next Wednesday is the day?

I also heard that a contract was signed however I don't believe they were turned on today. Hopefully we will have them before football starts in September!

I heard the contract was signed but until they turn them on I won't believe it. With everyone getting calls that they are losing there DNS stations Aug. 7th.I personally think that this is a clue that they will be turned on next week

Originally, I also thought the calls were a pretty good indicator, but now I'm not so sure. The fact that the NYC DNS channels are moving to MPEG4 would appear to be more of a catalyst now that we see a timetable for it. I'm willing to bet that we'll not see WCBS and WNBC at the new locations and when they turn the MPEG2 channels off, that's it - we're done. I'm tempted to drive the 100 or so miles so that I can ask Lou in person what the holdup is. See if he can recite the same canned response we seem to get via email.

I heard 2009. sorry! Look for them on the D12 Satellite.

I hope you are wrong. I do not want to go through another football season watching SD games. I have the NFL Sunday Ticket Superfan and get the HD games, but then I don't get Sunday Night Football in HD!

Received some news from the NEPA forum this morning from a guy that works for WBRE. Supposedly these channels will light up on Friday this week.

I'd love to see these lite up.Seeing our local cable company can't make a deal with the local CBS (WBNG). I told my wife whoever got our HD locals first gets all our business; so if this works out Time Warner just lost the rest of our business.

Received some news from the NEPA forum this morning from a guy that works for WBRE. Supposedly these channels will light up on Friday this week.

I heard the same information from a local source as well. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Yep...Scranton Wilkes Barre here. Up and Running! Now I have both NY and SWB HD locals! nice!

Does anyone know the spotbeam coverage of the Scranton HD locals on DirecTV? Specifically, is anyone getting a reliable signal in southern Lycoming county or areas nearby to the south?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)