Status
Please reply by conversation.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Can anyone post some screenshots of the guide and receiver menus (and the DirectTivo's guide) if possible. Thinking of making the switch to DirecTV from DISH and want to see what the interface is like.

Here's a couple of pictures for you.

Attachments

• tivoguide.jpg
    tivoguide.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,169
  • dtvguide.jpg
    dtvguide.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 994
  • record.jpg
    record.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 816
  • seasonpass.jpg
    seasonpass.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 867
  • seasonpass #2.jpg
    seasonpass #2.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 702
Does Directv have a Picture in Guide like DISH does?

The DirecTivo's that I have don't have PIP, it overlays the channel you were watching and passes the audio.

Note that the DirecTV receivers also don't have any type of BROWSE functionality. I.E. that banner you can pop up on the bottom of the screen to see whats on now, and what is on next on the Dish boxes.

That browse functionality appears unique to Dish Network.

Mike H:

This is not exactly true. While most DISH Network do receivers have this function, Hughes Network Systems (HNS) DirecTV receivers have a similar function (although not on the DirecTiVo, which has the standard TiVo interface).

Alan

It's interesting how it appears none of the unique user interface features are promoted by the vendors of the various DirecTV receivers. My Grandmother's DTV receiver, an RCA model (didn't get the specifics) does not have a browse functionality.

Can you make the guide list the channels from bottom to top, like the DISH guide is? If I make the change over to D*, I want to make it as least confusing as possible.

If you go go the D* web site they have the manuals for all the recivers online so you can see what they can and can't do.

Neutron said:
Can you make the guide list the channels from bottom to top, like the DISH guide is? If I make the change over to D*, I want to make it as least confusing as possible.

TiVo has two menu options, what you see in the screen shot and the way you want it. The screen shot is the best way to see what is coming up on a particular channel. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts