This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

ScrewJacks on Prime Focus Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cold Winter

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
Anyone know if these new 180/240cm dishes with polar mounts have a range of travel when used with a screwjack?

I always thought it was around 120 degrees but I can't seem to find ( or I'm just dense ) any specs on that.

Anyone know what the figures are?

ThankYou.

I would think that 120 deg may be close to max range with a actuator!The range will depend on the actuator size!I have a 24" actuator and get from 20 west to 135.

I would think that 120 deg may be close to max range with a actuator!The range will depend on the actuator size!I have a 24" actuator and get from 20 west to 135.

Well 105 degrees of travel is pretty good too.

Are you suggesting a longer arm ( 36" actuator ? ) would travel further or is that about the limit with your 6 footer?

Well 105 degrees of travel is pretty good too.

Are you suggesting a longer arm ( 36" actuator ? ) would travel further or is that about the limit with your 6 footer?

I would think 36 would be overkill! Most people here that use a actuator go with a 24".That should get you most or all the satellites that your 6 footer see in the sky.

Status
Please reply by conversation.