ScrewJacks on Prime Focus Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cold Winter

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
Anyone know if these new 180/240cm dishes with polar mounts have a range of travel when used with a screwjack?

I always thought it was around 120 degrees but I can't seem to find ( or I'm just dense ) any specs on that.

Anyone know what the figures are?

ThankYou.

Anyone know if these new 180/240cm dishes with polar mounts have a range of travel when used with a screwjack?

I always thought it was around 120 degrees but I can't seem to find ( or I'm just dense ) any specs on that.

Anyone know what the figures are?

ThankYou.
I would think that 120 deg may be close to max range with a actuator!The range will depend on the actuator size!I have a 24" actuator and get from 20 west to 135.

I would think that 120 deg may be close to max range with a actuator!The range will depend on the actuator size!I have a 24" actuator and get from 20 west to 135.

Well 105 degrees of travel is pretty good too.

Are you suggesting a longer arm ( 36" actuator ? ) would travel further or is that about the limit with your 6 footer?

Well 105 degrees of travel is pretty good too.

Are you suggesting a longer arm ( 36" actuator ? ) would travel further or is that about the limit with your 6 footer?

I would think 36 would be overkill! Most people here that use a actuator go with a 24".That should get you most or all the satellites that your 6 footer see in the sky.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)