SD channels are too loud !

Different remotes

If you are changing the channel over to an sd station, why would you need to make sure to have the remote handy. How would you change the channel without the remote already in your hand? I don't see getting much more handy than that... :confused: ;) :D
My Dishnetwork remote only works to change the channels ,it woont work to turn up or down sound,I have to use another remote for that and oftentimes I seem to temporarily lose that remote(slipping behind bed ,falling on floor).also the sound issue sometimes isnt apparent at first SD channels sound goes up and down on their own as HD seem to be more stable.
We decided (for now) to duct tape the 2 remotes together (back to back) to keep them together and hopefully when I get new TV Dish remote will work for that.
Mainly I just wanted to know if other were having this issue.

I have the new 722k remote contol and it DOES control my Sony a/v receiver. In fact I can use one remote control to change inputs on my tv, to control my a/v receiver , to control my blu-ray player as well. The learning features that this remote comes with is great. You can teach it to do some of the same features , using certain buttons ,as your regular tv remote or your a/v receiver etc. I use my format button to do both sat format and format the tv picutre as well in tv mode.

My surround sound receiver has a "Late Night" mode, low and high settings that works great. I find if I have it on low or high it levels the sound on all channels. The problem with this is on movies or shows when certain parts should be louder it's not and the bass is limited also which takes a little away from the listening experience.

I don't want dish or the content providers to change the way they deliver audio. I want to control it, and if you want control go out and purchase a device that gives you control.

The dish remotes will work with most any Audio receiver if you find the right codes,
Sony receivers however , if that is what you are using, insist on using AV2 for third party remotes. I have had this problem setting up my mothers Sony receiver a while back and finally figured it out, but do not remember exactly how I did it. If you do some searching on this forum or other places the answer is out there that is how I got my answer.

Yamaha and before that Sony. Couldn't setup either on the remote.
Do you have your remote set up to control volume without having to press the Aux button? It's in the manual in the remote section. Just a thought, since no dice with two different receivers. I've had three different Sony's and all worked fine. Also, have you tried other listed codes? Sometimes, one will just control power but nothing else.

Do you have your remote set up to control volume without having to press the Aux button? It's in the manual in the remote section. Just a thought, since no dice with two different receivers. I've had three different Sony's and all worked fine. Also, have you tried other listed codes? Sometimes, one will just control power but nothing else.
After the replies to my statement, I gave it another shot and it looks like I just had to try a bit harder to get everything to work with the Yamaha receiver (as well as my Sony DVD player).

In the past few months, I had my 622 (one of the oldest versions - bad harddrive) swapped out for a 722K. Since the remote codes didn't appear to work with the 622 and since the installer didn't set it up either, I made the mistake of "assuming" they still didn't work (I had spent a great deal of time when I had the 622 installed to try to get everything functioning).

Thanks for the prodding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts