Has Dish network improved.....

Has Dish improved its Customer service in the past 12 months?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
How many feel dish network has improved with its customer service in the past year?
Please explain how.
How do you feel Dish compairs with D* and Cable?

I'm going to say Yes, But only a little. Equipment wise, most CSR's don't have a clue about a customers satellite setup. Example I had a CSR try and convince me that my Scranton wilkes barre locals are on the 129. When clearly in North East PA they aren't.
Another issue is very limited do I get someone from the states to take my call. Very upsetting.
But I think service has improved , by offering exsiting customers free equipment,and programming promotions without even asking for it. A Simple Email address is most time only required, where as D* wants to extend your commitment EVERY time a leased receiver is replaced,or upgraded.
I give Dish a thumbs up, but still room for improvement. If they want 2 thumbs up, they need a Dual room receiver that does 2 rooms HD,and they need to drop the per receiver DVR fee.

Take a look at Dish a year ago and take a look now.

Last year your calls would be answered in India, today most if not all the calls are answered back here in the good ole USA. That says a lot.

Also take a look at all the online chat transcripts that have been posted here and at other sites. The reps seem to go out of their ways to help people. That is a big positive.

DirecTV's online customer support is an email form with no live help.

Dish's customer service is not perfect but it is a hell of a lot better then it was a year ago. You can see a true effort is being made there to make things better.

Now Dish Networks marketing department on the other hand... (Actually the marketing has been good with the NFL RedZone channel, but thats only because those ads were made by the NFL... Comcast was running the same ads here...)

Has Dish cs improved??? Depends on which csr you talk to. Sadly, all csr's are not on the same page.

If they could just get their billing program simplified. I still have to call every two or three months for something.

Maybe I just got lucky buy I've had to call 'em a couple times in the last year or so and the experience both times was 180 degrees from what I've experienced previously. Had CSRs that spoke English and everything went smooth as silk. The last time I was given a free switch to EA because of LOS problems. NO commitment and had a contractor that called ahead, showed up at the beginning of the time window, knew what he was doing, did an outstanding clean install,etc.,etc. I was so amazed I sent a thank you email to the CEO addy!:):up

Ed

online chat i worthless imho never been of any help to me, but im sure others found it useful

my bill is seems screwed up religiously but its been like that for me since day one

i'm going to say yes especially when compared to directv lately! don' get me started on cable :mad::mad:

For me DISH is the same.... The only way I vote to give a big :up is if they sent out mail/email to those that subscribed to the Platinum package stating that there is no more $10. charge, rather then only giving a break to those that call/chat with them. :mad: I hope the question comes up in the next Charlie Chat.

I am not a Dish sub so I cannot answer this question. But comparing the two DBS providers, from what I have read and experienced, Dish is getting better and Direct is getting worse. Who is better at this moment is probably subjective.

The pendulum continues to swing; now it is swinging in Dish's direction.

I'm not convinced that a big change in customer service has happend. I'm still waiting for a good example. I'll I've heard so far is D* is sliding downhill with their customer service. But just because D* seems to be getting worse, in no way shape or form does that mean E* is improving.
I want examples. Like service call success, How well informed are CSRs now?, Why do they look like they are improving?
Only improvement I've seen is more excisting customer promotions. But I still see lots of complaints.
Remember D* getting worse , doesn't mean E* is getting better.

Last edited:
I voted "Same as always" but I want to qualify that by saying that "always" in my case means great service overall. I have had Dish exclusively (well, plus my OTA antenna!) for almost 11 years now. In that time I have called Tech Service maybe half a dozen times and that help was always spot on, and CSRs a couple of times with almost no issues. (Based on recommendations I originally heard here, I usually called TS first!) I only had one recent experience talking to a CSR for the purpose of activating an EHD that got screwed up. But the next call to TS got it straighted out including the would-be billing issue. My one and only on-line chat was also effective. I have no real complaints with Dish CS/TS...

I voted "Same as always" but I want to qualify that by saying that "always" in my case means great service overall. I have had Dish exclusively (well, plus my OTA antenna!) for almost 11 years now. In that time I have called Tech Service maybe half a dozen times and that help was always spot on, and CSRs a couple of times with almost no issues. (Based on recommendations I originally heard here, I usually called TS first!) I only had one recent experience talking to a CSR for the purpose of activating an EHD that got screwed up. But the next call to TS got it straighted out including the would-be billing issue. My one and only on-line chat was also effective. I have no real complaints with Dish CS/TS...
Thats the kind of post I'm looking for. Very informative.:up

Everytime I have spoken to a CSR in the past year, it has been a good experience and I did not have to explain to them what I was talking about. That was not the way it was 2 years ago. All of my technical experiences have been very good and were handled online. So overall, I say things are better. Hemi, I was in your beautiful state last week at Shawnee. Not a lot happening there this time of year, but the purpose of the trip was reunion with a service buddy from New Hampshire. Our families just enjoyed the scenery and food.:up

Hemi, I was in your beautiful state last week at Shawnee. Not a lot happening there this time of year, but the purpose of the trip was reunion with a service buddy from New Hampshire. Our families just enjoyed the scenery and food.:up
I was born and Raised in East Stroudsburg Pa , about 5 minutes from Shawnee. My Aunts and Uncles owned Sunset Hill resort , off MT. Nebo Road. The Heart of Shawnee.
This place used to be way better , Untill all the NY and NJ city folks moved in and destroyed it. Now its all Built up, Crime is out of control. Its to bad ! Poconos where at one time one of the nicest places in the USA. History is all thats left.

How many feel dish network has improved with its customer service in the past year?
Please explain how.
How do you feel Dish compairs with D* and Cable?

i would not in my case say the past year but the last couple of months i have noticed a much better effort on their part to improve

If they could just get their billing program simplified. I still have to call every two or three months for something.

Yes I just went through a really bad experience.
I was automatically renewed forCenter Ice for 4 installments for $40.80 but I decided that I wanted to pay in one payment of $168. But when I looked at my bill I bound that they had added the $168 but the had NOT deleted the 4 $40.80 payments.
So I was paying twice for CI. Now I like CI but not that much.
So I called up dish and the nice guy said that he fixed but after the weekend I found out that nothing had changed.
I had to a call again and they FINALLY fixed it,I think.
Also when I looked at my on line bill it did not add up the amount that the final amount that the bill stated it was. No mater how I added it up the bill was wrong.
I wounder if their computer's adder is broken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts