SD channels now stretched

turtlebud

Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
I have a samsung HDTV that I set to "just scan" (as opposed to 4:3, 16:9, zoom, etc.) It used to be able to tell the difference between SD and HD feeds with SD feeds automatically displaying in 4:3 and HD feeds in 16:9. Starting a day or two ago, I noticed that all my SD feeds are now stretched to fill the screen. (this include "HD" local channels with syndicated programs like friends/seinfeld which as not available in HD so as a result used to display at 4:3, but are now stretched).

Was there a change in the way dish network sent out SD signal so that my samsung doesn't know how to handle the SD feeds anymore?

It's not huge deal cause I can just manually change the 4:3 when I need to, it's more just a PITA cause I didn't ever need to change 4:3 to 16:9 manually.

I have a VIP 722.

sounds like the format button on your remote got hit... maybe someone in your house stretched it and didn't put it back when they got done.

Remember the format button on the dish receiver remembers the settings for SD and HD separately. Tune to an SD channel and press the Format button (the * button on the bottom left of the remote) until the desired screen aspect ratio.

See ya
Tony

thanks!

worked like a charm. i think it was my son that did it (saw him fumbling around with the remote earlier, er, well, biting it).

thanks for the tip!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)