SD-DVR40 receiver problem vs. connectivity issue???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

musicilove67

Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
NC
I have an older model DirecTV DVR receiver (SD-DVR40) in my living room. After watching my local channels for a few seconds or minutes the signal is lost and I get a "searching for satellite 1 (or 2)" message. I can click away from the local channels for half-an-hour or so and go back to them and again the same thing happens. This is a new problem(I use to get local channels with no problem). Interestingly, I get good reception of my local channels with an SD-HBH receiver in the bedroom. Also, when I move the SD-HBH out to the living room and connect it, I get the local channels on it with no problem. Is this a connection problem or a receiver problem (with the SD-DVR40)?

Thanks!
musicilove67

If you swap locations of the receivers and see the issue follows the receiver or stays at that specific outlet /cable location.

if it follows the receiver; its likely that receiver.

if it stays; then its likely something in the outlet's connection; like a cable, connector; etc.

Last edited:
If you are using 2 lines with the tivo, make sure you checked both lines with the SD when you tested it. If one of those lines is wonky then it can throw out reception for the whole unit. If that's the case then you can connect only the good line to the tivo sat in 1 until you are able to run down the bad line and find the problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts