SD Pic Quality from HR10-250?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vlj9r

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Tampa Bay, Florida
I just reactivated my Directv account to re-test the waters. On my Sony KDSR60XBR1, the picture on the Standard Definition channels appears to have a haze. It's blurry sort of like when you crankup the persistence. The receiver is a Directv Tivo Philips DSR708 and I'm using the S video connection.

Will the picture quality improve if I get the HR10-250 and use the component or HDMI connection?

I've tried to check it out at Sound Advice and Circuit City since they both have my tv set and Directv but the sales guys will not switch to SD channels.

Thanks!

I use the HR10-250 and the SD is absolutely TERRIBLE on my 73" TV. Looks like a bad VHS tape. D* will be losing a customer very soon. Missing Dish.

slimoli said:
I use the HR10-250 and the SD is absolutely TERRIBLE on my 73" TV. Looks like a bad VHS tape. D* will be losing a customer very soon. Missing Dish.

That's my feeling too. I will cancel at the end of my billing cycle. DTV's SD pic looks as bad:eek: as Brighthouse analog channels. Just like you said, a bad VHS tape. While I will miss the dual tuner TIVO, I can't justified paying more money to DTV for no improvement in Pic quality. I might check them out again in a yr or so but by then, FIOS should be available in my area.

Thanks for your input.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts