SD Receiver question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sancho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
I currently have an HR-23 DVR in my living room and a SD receiver as my 2nd receiver in the bedroom. I take my SD receiver with me when I go to hunting camp in the winter and up til now this system has worked great. I'm only at hunting camp periodically so I don't want to pay for full time service there, and when I'm there I'm not at home to watch D*, so all is good.

I'm moving in a few weeks and I called D* about moving my service. I'm adding a new HD receiver and MRV. I hoped to keep my SD receiver to use at hunting camp. The D* rep told me my SD receiver isn't compatible with MRV and would be upgraded at no cost to me. She also told me there wasn't any way to keep the SD receiver active once I do upgrade.

Now to my questions- will I be able to take the upgraded receiver with me to camp, or will disconnecting it affect MRV or the receiver itself? Is there any way to keep my SD receiver active so I can use it at camp? What does D* do with these SD receivers? Would it do me any good to keep the SD rec or will it become obsolete soon with the inevitable move to all MPEG4 channels that has to come at some point in the future?

Thanks for any info and/or advice.

Now to my questions- will I be able to take the upgraded receiver with me to camp, or will disconnecting it affect MRV or the receiver itself?
you can take it to the camp. If you have just a SD dish (18" or Phase III) all you'll get is SD there

Is there any way to keep my SD receiver active so I can use it at camp?
I thought MRV only worked with HD receivers and SD wouldn't? I dont see why you can't keep the SD reciever

What does D* do with these SD receivers?

give them to folks who want just SD ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)