SeaLaunch Current Mission: Directv 11 Launch

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's 22:49GMT which you need to subtract your time zone difference from. But you are correct that 22:49 would be 10:49PM in Greenwich England.

So it's 5:49 in the Eastern Time Zone ?

If so, thats great, I'll be home from work by then :)

D* has not changed the guide info yet, still shows as if it went up today, I guess I'll wait till tomorrow evening to set up the recording.

Jimbo

Latest webcam shot looks like the rocket has been moved back to the hanger, it's nolonger in view.

Latest news:

Consistent with established process and procedures, the Sea Launch team suspended the countdown for the March 17 launch of the DIRECTV 11 satellite on Sunday, March 16, due to an issue identified during planned pre-launch test operations. Testing is still in progress. The next launch opportunity will be no earlier than Wednesday, March 19. We will update this page with the latest information as it becomes available.

Sea Launch Mission page - DIRECTV 11

The offical word on Sealaunch's page

Consistent with established process and procedures, the Sea Launch team suspended the countdown for the March 17 launch of the DIRECTV 11 satellite on Sunday, March 16, due to an issue identified during planned pre-launch test operations. Testing is still in progress. The next launch opportunity will be no earlier than Wednesday, March 19. We will update this page with the latest information as it becomes available.
This satellite, with a mass of 5923 kg (13,058 lb), is designed to optimize DIRECTV's advanced transmission techniques and state-of-the-art video compression technology for delivering national high-definition (HD) programming and local HD channels to subscribers throughout the United States.

Latest news:

Sea Launch Mission page - DIRECTV 11

Thanks for the update.

When do you suppose they should call "Master Blasters" for help? Master Blasters could put that puppy up there with a lawn chair and a 1960 Volkswagon hanging off the side!

I just wonder if the launch team was in touch with the SES Americom engineers asking about the launch last Friday that had the mishap. Wanted to make sure the same thing did not happen twice.

Whatever the case it looks like they are moving forward. Good luck D11!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)