SeaLaunch Current Mission: Directv 11 Launch

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey all...

This is my first post here. I am a total NOOB to this board. This is a great website with tons of information for DirectTV. I am glad I came across this place.

I have scanned the forum a little bit in search of Local HD channels. I live in Springfield, IL and was wondering if this was one of the spots covered by the D11 Satellite that is about to launch.

If any of you know where I can find this information out, I would greatly appreciate you help and input on this matter.

Thank you in advance,

Dan

Welcome to the site Dan. Sorry but DirecTV hasn't published any lists that say what the spot beams on any of the new Ka band satellites cover. Up to now there's been no rhyme or reason as to what markets they decide to add so until D* announces something it's all guessing.

That's what I figured...I think its wierd that they tell you "local HD is coming," but there is no physical proof.

Anyways, thank you for your quick reply and welcoming me into this forum!

That's what I figured...I think its wierd that they tell you "local HD is coming," but there is no physical proof.

Anyways, thank you for your quick reply and welcoming me into this forum!

Could be that they don't want to tip their hand to Dish on what markets they plan to do when do Dish doesn't go after markets down the list and lock new customers into a long term agreement.

I read somewhere it's been pushed back to Apr 08 on one of those web sites somewhere.

Nothing official on Sealaunch's site. It was one of those sites that claim someone told me... Now if they can give some sort of definitive proof to back up their claim then, its different. While its cool to speculate, As a former government worker, I dont believe anything that comes from the government, especially NASA! :)

Wow, this will be a big disappointment if this is the case.

I'd think if it was indeed delayed, wouldn't we be hearing more seeing it's only 10 days away?

Has anyone found something more substansial that a forum post indicating there is an electrical problem? There is still nothing on Sealaunch, and I'm sure DirecTV isn't going to put out any release on something like that.

Has anyone found something more substansial that a forum post indicating there is an electrical problem? There is still nothing on Sealaunch, and I'm sure DirecTV isn't going to put out any release on something like that.

-------------------
One thing for sure....they will not be launching on March 9th...both ships are
still in port today, as shown in pics taken today March 1st. Linky....
DBSTalk.Com - View Single Post - D11 Satellite Discussion: Launch Date Set
Given that it is a 10-11 day sail to launch area.:mad:

The forum that was linked to is about as credible as they get.

The electrical problem has been successfully resolved. The Odyssey platform has departed Long Beach yesterday. The launch is scheduled approximately on March 17th.

Then MODS might want to change the Thead Header to reflect a date more like 3/16 or 3/17.....

:D
Moon Man thanks for the update.. Let's get this darn bird off the ground allready!
-----------
I hear that!! Perhaps we could get a MOD to modify the title of the thread
to reflect the new date: March 17th?
Satmeister beat me too it by a hair

I would say this is a good sign :)

get-attachment.asp

Delay of only a week, I'd say most can live with that. Still on par to add a bunch of HD local markets before the fall TV season :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)