SeaLaunch Current Mission: Directv 11 Launch

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Where did I specifically refer to the launch team?
Vurbano, when you start splitting semantical hairs like this to excuse your post(s) you sound a lot like your old buddy, Bill Clinton.

If it wasn't the launch team, who was it that you were referring to, was it D* in general or what?

....was it D* in general or what?
That would be a logical assumption.The main page says the launch is delayed, plan on answering the original question?

DIRECTV Launch On Hold
Breaking News: Sea Launch is now indicating that the Launch is now on hold! No indication of how long this hold will be, however looking at their live webcam the rocket has been taken down and put back into storage
Nevermind Mr helpful, Looks like its on hold
Sea Launch Mission page - DIRECTV 11

Last edited:
I didn't go back far enough to see if this has already been posted, so I apologize in advance for repeating this information. I got this from TVPredictions.com....

Washington, D.C. (March 17, 2008) -- Sea Launch has announced that today's scheduled launch of DIRECTV's new HDTV satellite has been delayed indefinitely.

The company, which is conducting the launch, cited "technical problems," but did not offer hints as to when the launch would be rescheduled.

"Sea Launch has put on hold the countdown for the launch of the DIRECTV satellite, as of late Sunday afternoon, to allow the team to study an issue. We will update our launch information as it becomes available," the company said in a statement.

Once operational, the new satellite (DIRECTV 11) will expand DIRECTV's capacity to 150 national HD channels and 1,500 local high-def channels.

DIRECTV's current satellite fleet has a capacity of roughly 100 national HD channels.

DIRECTV's delay is the second instance of bad luck for the satellite industry in the last 72 hours. A satellite leased by Dish Network to expand its high-def capacity failed to reach its orbit on Friday. It's unclear if the Dish satellite can be placed in orbit in the future.

I wonder if the AMC-14 issue somehow contributed to this delay...either by increasing caution, or by decreasing urgency....or both!

Just a thought...

still on its side, but maybe they can still get her up for the launch today...

Does their countdown have a built in hold, like the shuttle does, that would allow for time to fix problems without impacting the scheduled launch time? If not would they be able to make up the 15 hours+ that it's been on hold?

If the date of 3/19 holds, the rocket will go up tomorrow. Since Sea-Launch puts the rocket up at 27hrs before launch.

At L-27 hours prior to liftoff, the rocket is rolled out of its environmentally protected hangar and automatically erected on the launch pad.

http://www.sea-launch.com/sllaunch_vehicle.htm

Since it was up already, who knows if the above still holds though! The thing is already out of the hangar.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts