SeaLaunch Current Mission: Directv 11 Launch

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's exactly what I was going for! It would be nice to have the 70 or so Cubs games in HD, and the 30 or so Sox games in HD along with EI this season. WGN -should- be an easy add for them.

Hopefully with E* having WGN Superstation on their list of coming HD channels it might light a little fire under D*'s rear to get a deal done.

Current Webcam (18:10:35) sure looks great. Calm seas and looks like a plane or helicopter circling in the distance.

edit: the aircraft circling is out of view now. but d11 still looks great! :D

Current Webcam (18:10:35) sure looks great. Calm seas and looks like a plane or helicopter circling in the distance.

edit: the aircraft circling is out of view now. but d11 still looks great! :D

Still upright at 19:05 anyway but looks kinda like rain clouds. Does it actually rain at the equator? :)

It's TIME......Join us in the chat room for the launch party.

Link is on the homepage - or top of the page you're on - chat room.

Ok, I've got a HR20-100s. I set up channel 573 to record in the guide (when it showed up there).

I was tuned to 573, and the screen was black and no sound. After about 10 minutes into things (I was watching the chat room) I tried to view what was recorded and there was nothing. I stopped the recording, and I got picture and sound.

Anyone with ideas why that happened? I've got it set to record 578 at the replay in the morning.

Interesting.

I too had my DVR set to record the launch on 573 and was sitting at the computer while watching for the broadcast. No audio and a blank screen. I never did stop the recorder as you did to view any recording so im not sure if I would have had the same results.

This was on my HR21-700

This thread need to be dropped as a sticky since D11 has launched.
A new thread should replace it as a sticky for tracking and testing.

It has launched :). Were waiting on Aquasion wich should be happening within the half hour. Once that happens the launch event is over. We will most likely leave it up for the next few days for people to find it easly. ;)

We have our own definition of the word "launch".
Would be technically correct if you include in it all stages what should bring the sat into GSO, or better to target point - 99.2W GSO.
Not just be a copycat of DBStalk.

LAUNCH SUCCESS ---The official news:

"The Block DM-SL upper stage inserted the 5,923 kg (13,058 lb) DIRECTV 11 satellite into geosynchronous transfer orbit, on its way to a final orbital position at 99.2 degrees West Longitude.
Boeing acquired a signal from the spacecraft at 10:44pm PDT (05:44 GMT), at the Hartebeesthoek Tracking facility in South Africa. "

Of course, this is great news. Over the next 70-90 days, DirecTV will conduct a myriad of tests on the unit, to assure all transponders, sensors, and other electronics onboard the D11 sat are functioning properly. Once test are complete, they'll start configurations for transponders to deploy specific channels.

Those events are now as critical to D11 as the launch. To this point, all is on target, but they still need to make sure the sat is operating as designed in the weeks and months ahead. You may recall D10 had a few transponder issues that seemed to have been rectified for the most part.

In any event, the launch mission was a success, now awaiting the activation phase. I found it interesting that the DirecTV announcement stated that D11 would be operational "in September". Perhaps this is to offset earlier startup speculation.

Additionally, DirecTV said it will launch yet another satellite *D12) in 2009 that will enable it to provide up to 200 national HD channels, which would indicate they have a launch contract nearly done or signed.

I agree with goaliebob and grydlok, lets have a new thread for the success of the launch and testing/tracking phase - it will be easier.

And - what better post than satmeister's to start it off.

Truly great news that they acquried signal with no problems. First thing I wanted to see this morning!

I would remind you all - D11 still sit on elliptic orbit far away from target GSO.
So, testing phase will not begin before that fact will be confirm.

Question? while tracking AMC-14 and D-11. I noticed altitude for AMC is 9650 miles,and D11 is 16950. What are these numbers based on ? Ground level that they are currently over? Why does this number change so much?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)