Sean, any update on the "red push" issue?

Scubasoul

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Sean,

Did you hear anything back from Wilt regarding the red push issue?

I'm using component and I most definately see this as well (Mits RPTV). My set is ISF'd and had a fantastic color balance with D*TV. With Voom that's another story due to the red push. I changed service menu settings, but no way to get it right (even with red hue reduced all the way down).

I had some people over and they also commented about how red the picture looked. I never really thought anything about it until they said something.

Scubasoul said:
Sean,

Did you hear anything back from Wilt regarding the red push issue?

I'm using component and I most definately see this as well (Mits RPTV). My set is ISF'd and had a fantastic color balance with D*TV. With Voom that's another story due to the red push. I changed service menu settings, but no way to get it right (even with red hue reduced all the way down).

Hmmm - I have a Mitsu 65" and had bought red-push attenuators to somewhat correct the red-push problem inherent to Mitsus. My TV broke last year and when they replaced a board, they also tweaked it and fixed the red-push issue so I sold the attenuators. I just got Voom 3 weeks ago and notice no excessive red.

Well, I can certainly say that the Voom box has a certain red push, with my set anyway.

My set has a full ISF calibration (grey scale, color decoder, etc.). With D*TV I had excellent flesh tones and great color saturation (calibration was done with a signal generator). With Voom flesh tones in particular are a bit off.

I need to get a 1080i test signal to re-set the color decoder.

Maybe it even get fixed by Voom.

Scubasoul said:
Well, I can certainly say that the Voom box has a certain red push, with my set anyway.

My set has a full ISF calibration (grey scale, color decoder, etc.). With D*TV I had excellent flesh tones and great color saturation (calibration was done with a signal generator). With Voom flesh tones in particular are a bit off.

I need to get a 1080i test signal to re-set the color decoder.

Maybe it even get fixed by Voom.

My two boxes were I saw this problem were replaced and did not see this again through component. I use component on my DLP and I have not seen the red push again. Did you get a new box?

Sean Mota said:
My two boxes were I saw this problem were replaced and did not see this again through component. I use component on my DLP and I have not seen the red push again. Did you get a new box?

No Sean, I still have my first box. So maybe I should try to get a new box.
Interesting that the box switch solved the problem.

same here, no red push on my DLP through DVI, except for CBS HD as Cameron mentioned.

No red push on my Mits 55809 that has been ISFd also. Must be the older boxes, mine is only about 6 weeks since installed.

Some people may not realize that they actually have red push, since they simply reduce overall hue. The problem is, that ALL colors are reduced.

I did the same same thing. After you get a ISF color decoder/grey scale calibration, you will realize the difference.

No "red push" issue on VOOM here after switching over except on Navy NCIS as usual. If you have your set calibrated you would have to be sure that NTSC, HDTV & SDTV inputs were all done.

Tvlman said:
No "red push" issue on VOOM here after switching over except on Navy NCIS as usual. If you have your set calibrated you would have to be sure that NTSC, HDTV & SDTV inputs were all done.

NTSC & SDTV are the same thing. I think you mean that all the inputs on the TV such as component, composite & S-Video would need to be done.