Search disabled in FireTVStick?

bhelms

Retired & lovin' it!
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 26, 2006
Central PA
Hi all. I bought a FireTVStick from Amazon during their $20 introductory promo. I don't use it a lot but when I do it works well. This past weekend we "fired" it up to watch a movie and I encountered the all new interface. I stumbled around trying to find the movie we wanted and eventually found it...but what I couldn't find anywhere was a Search function. In the previous version that was readily available and quite handy so we used it often. If Search is still there would someone please point me to it?

Thanks...!

Yep, right next to "home"
amazon-fire-tv-user-interface.png

Reactions: KE4EST
Sorry for my delayed reply...and "thanks"! Yep, the magnifying glass symbol is there...I completely missed it! I was looking for the word "Search"...IIRC that's the way it was on the old interface. I'm one of the old fart$ that doesn't adapt to change very well...being half blind/non-observant doesn't help either...! Tks again...

Sorry for my delayed reply...and "thanks"! Yep, the magnifying glass symbol is there...I completely missed it! I was looking for the word "Search"...IIRC that's the way it was on the old interface. I'm one of the old fart$ that doesn't adapt to change very well...being half blind/non-observant doesn't help either...! Tks again...

I got one of those Prime Day sticks last year as well. If you download the FireTV remote app to a smartphone or tablet, you can use Alexa voice controls for search and almost every other Alexa function. Music searches can be addictive to listen to old favorites or to put on background music. I ended up getting an Echo Dot so I could play music without turning on my TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)