search failed ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Ottawa Valley Canada
I am just curious. I recently replaced my old broken universal lnbf with a geosat pro. and was looking forward to better results from it. The results are indeed better but I get a lot of failed search results. I don't know why they fail, i have just accepted it all along as being how it works. Now I would like input from those of you who know a lot more about this hobby than I do. Is there something i can do to get better search results?
Thanks

If you installed an SL1PLL, did you change the lnb setting from universal to standard and make sure your LO frequency is set to 10750?

Reactions: KE4EST
I am just curious. I recently replaced my old broken universal lnbf with a geosat pro. and was looking forward to better results from it. The results are indeed better but I get a lot of failed search results. I don't know why they fail, i have just accepted it all along as being how it works. Now I would like input from those of you who know a lot more about this hobby than I do. Is there something i can do to get better search results?
Thanks

If you do a scan for FTA only and the transponder has nothing but paid channels on it, it will come up as failed.

Check your LNB Lo too, like Fta4pa suggested. If your old LNB was universal [9750/10600] then the Lo probably is set wrong for the new LNB. What model# is the new LNB?

What satellite are you scanning? Some over the Atlantic would require a Universal as the TP freq may be below 11700.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)