Searching for Satellite signal - Help!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

baltchop

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
I have 2 tv's, one with hd and the other with SD.

Starting on Monday, the hd tv says searching for satellite signal every 20 minutes or so. I reset the box and it works fine again until 20 minutes later when it craps out again. This only seems to happen while I watch a baseball game in hd on the free extra innings preview. The SD tv is fine, no problems.

I called technical support and they tell me I need a service call and it will cost me $80.

Again, this only seems to be happening when I watch an HD broadcast of a baseball game in the 700's.

I don't want to waste $80 if I don't have to.

Any advice?????

Thanks!!

What recievers , dish are you using.
It happens ONLY on HD in the 700's , NOTHING else ??

Need more info, but this will be a start.

Jimbo

What recievers , dish are you using.
It happens ONLY on HD in the 700's , NOTHING else ??

Need more info, but this will be a start.

Jimbo

I have a 5 lnb dish with an H20.

Thanks!

What are your signal levels on 103B ?

They are in the 80's and 90's. As this only happens while watching certain HD channels, could it be my B band converter? If so, how do I go about obtaining a new one?

Thanks!!

You can order new ones here. DIRECTV: All About HD - HD Checklist Which channels are you having trouble with?

YES HD, all of the extra inning HD channels and national geographic HD. There may be others, but those are the ones where the satellite crapped out. I haven't tried every channel.

Fox in HD was fine as was CBS HD.

I was hoping that the new converter might help.

Do you think it might?

Thanks!

Had the same problem here. Was searching on Sat 2. Swapped the grey b-band converter for a black one that dtv sent me and all is well. Noticed the other grey one seemed hot enough to melt. Swapped it for the other black one I had and now both are warm to touch not hot. Weird. Converters must be of suspect quality.

stumo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)