Searching for Signal but Signal Meter shows in the 90's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
My buddy is looking for some assistance. He has a SWM5 LNB dish which connects to his PI then a SWS8 splitter.

Both his HR20 and H21 say searching for signal. When going to the signal meter it shows signal in the 90% range.

He says that this happens very often (sometimes multiple times in a row) and today called me for some help. He said that restarting the receivers doesn't seem to have any effect.

I don't know what he has done in the past to fix the problem but, today I had him unplug the PI for 30 seconds and plug it back in and he regained picture.

My thought is that the PI is bad but, wanted to ask ya'll for some assistance with this to make sure.

I talked to him today and so far it has been working without a hitch since I had him powercycle the PI. Right now he has signal on all 5 satellites.

Is he by chance running his coax through some type of power strip? I had all of my power cords and coax on a power strip and I started loosing signal out of the blue one day.
I took it out and ran it directly to the receiver and now it works like a champ.

Is he by chance running his coax through some type of power strip? I had all of my power cords and coax on a power strip and I started loosing signal out of the blue one day.
I took it out and ran it directly to the receiver and now it works like a champ.

No power strip but that's good to know as I just bought a new surge protector and was going to do this. Now I won't.

No power strip but that's good to know as I just bought a new surge protector and was going to do this. Now I won't.

I should have said surge protector....thanks. But like I said, I had the coax in it for almost a year and then one day boom. It started searching to signal periodically day or night......no rhyme of reason. This went on for about 2 months and finally after checking everything else I took it out and put it directly in the receiver and I have not had an issue since........and it's been about 1 month and a half now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)