Searching for signal off air tuner 792

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnny58259

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
Is there a way to force these channels to come up I live in North Carolina between Greensboro and Raleigh market and I can get 8-1 out of high point Greensboro but not 8-2 I check signal strength and getting 100 percent on both 8-1 and 8-2 so how do I make 8-2 come in when I rescan its the same thing any help would be appreciated.

Do you have a HR34 or other?

Reason I ask is the database is goofed up. Here is what it shows for that station
callsign/number/RF broadcasting
WGHPDT 8.1 8
WGHPSTA 8.1 35
WGHPDT2 8.2 8

The BOLD is what RF channel it is broadcasting from. Looks like at the DTV conversion they went back to 8 but had so many issues they moved to 35. The issue is that -2 station is trying to pick up RF8 and not 35. If you have a HR34 it will scan it in but show "digital service" for guide. If you have a HR21-24 or R22 it only loads the database so you're kinda screwed

You might want to try and contact the engineer or someone at WGHP 8 and let them know that Directv has their OTA mapping wrong for 8-2.

edit: holy crap they've been on 35 for over 2 years now...cant believe Directv hasnt changed it

shoot. I looked at the databases to think maybe you could load another zip that takes 35 and maps it to 8-2 but there are none

Sometimes like on my hr21 pro it comes in but on my h23 it does not and it was coming in on my h24 untill I did a complete format by accident

Basically Directv gave up on keeping their OTA database updated. That's all there is to it, they just don't make any more updates.

A ridiculous policy given they still sell the AM21 off-air tuner to this date.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)