Searching for signal off air tuner 792

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnny58259

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
Is there a way to force these channels to come up I live in North Carolina between Greensboro and Raleigh market and I can get 8-1 out of high point Greensboro but not 8-2 I check signal strength and getting 100 percent on both 8-1 and 8-2 so how do I make 8-2 come in when I rescan its the same thing any help would be appreciated.

Do you have a HR34 or other?

Reason I ask is the database is goofed up. Here is what it shows for that station
callsign/number/RF broadcasting
WGHPDT 8.1 8
WGHPSTA 8.1 35
WGHPDT2 8.2 8

The BOLD is what RF channel it is broadcasting from. Looks like at the DTV conversion they went back to 8 but had so many issues they moved to 35. The issue is that -2 station is trying to pick up RF8 and not 35. If you have a HR34 it will scan it in but show "digital service" for guide. If you have a HR21-24 or R22 it only loads the database so you're kinda screwed

You might want to try and contact the engineer or someone at WGHP 8 and let them know that Directv has their OTA mapping wrong for 8-2.

edit: holy crap they've been on 35 for over 2 years now...cant believe Directv hasnt changed it

shoot. I looked at the databases to think maybe you could load another zip that takes 35 and maps it to 8-2 but there are none

Sometimes like on my hr21 pro it comes in but on my h23 it does not and it was coming in on my h24 untill I did a complete format by accident

Basically Directv gave up on keeping their OTA database updated. That's all there is to it, they just don't make any more updates.

A ridiculous policy given they still sell the AM21 off-air tuner to this date.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts