Searching for signal on Satellite in 2 (771)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbodax

Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Redondo Beach
Hey guys, I just received my new H24 receiver and tried to hook up with no luck. Previously I had an older box that would not receive high definition. I now have a hd ready box but have no picture on any channel. I have H24 with Slimline 5lnb satellite dish hooked up with one co ax from dish to receiver. I have it connected to satellite in 1 with a bbc connected in line. I have all high numbers on each satellite except for 99 and 103. On 99's i have in the 50's and on 103 im upper 70's. This is for tuner 1. Tuner 2 has no signal for any satellite. I have selected the right dish in the setup menu and have tried reauthorizing and resetting receiver. I am lost as to what it could be. I tried box at a different location and it worked fine, so I have ruled out the receiver. I have swapped bbc with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
Jeff

Are there any diplexers in line to this location? if so, your b band converter needs to be relocated to before the first diplexer at your switch location. the cable whip side of the bband needs to face the receiver and not the switch at your switch location. This should fix your 99/103 signal levels if diplexing is the culprit.

Additionaly, you need to redo satellite setup to indicate single instead of dual tuner. That should eliminate the Searching for signal on Satellite in 2 (771) message.

Unless it is an SWM dish, you need two cables from the dish to your HR24, one to each tuner...
Ignore the 99s/103s signals. But your 99c/103ca/103cb signals should all be 90 or so. If they are not, that usually indicates poor dish alignment. Although as Pateco posted, if you have diplexed off-air or cable internet that could be screwing things up also.

texasbrit said:
Unless it is an SWM dish, you need two cables from the dish to your HR24, one to each tuner...
Ignore the 99s/103s signals. But your 99c/103ca/103cb signals should all be 90 or so. If they are not, that usually indicates poor dish alignment. Although as Pateco posted, if you have diplexed off-air or cable internet that could be screwing things up also.

But if the diplexor is good and he moves the BBC to the location just before the diplexor he should be fine

HR 24 will work in single tuner mode, you just need to tell it you want it to be single tuner instead of dual.

Thanks again for all of your help. I got everything up and running last night. I selected 1 tuner instead of 2 and repositioned my dish using the dithering method and that fixed everything. I appreciate all the help guys.
Jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts